New assertive me

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Danfire, Jan 7, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

Working for other people all my adult life I think has made me a bit subservient in the workplace.
    Being on here it is clear that those who have been working for themselves a long time have a confidence and no nonsense is tolerated.
    It's taken me a couple of years but I think I might be getting there. When I started, I would do anything for anybody, underpriced stuff and allowed customers to dictate to me and take liberties.
    Yesterday I was cleaning three offices when the boss of the forth came out for a cigarette. I explained that I cleaned all the others and asked if he would like to join the round. "How much" he asks, "£5 every six weeks" I tell him. I thought he had a bit of a sneer when he said "do them just this once". Old me would have done it, new me said "don't think I'll bother pal".
    Same day I tell another skipping customer she has to pay an extra £11 a clean for the longer cycle, she's not happy but she can get lost as well.
    Long may the new me continue.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    Advertisement
Advertisement