Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Business and round for sale 5 star rating on check a trade £45,000 - 50,000 per year turnover- South london

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimajama

Hi all,

I hope 2023 is treating you well, I have a business for sale, I set up my business in June 2020 and have moved out the area, the work is currently being done by a worker in a rented capacity at 67% for the worker, very high quality round, very well priced Jobs.
£45k in last 12 months, £50k+ projected for next 12. On average 3 days work a week. With some weeks only one or two days needed.

Round covers, sutton, Wimbledon, morden, Wallington and surrounding areas.

All work recorded on squeegee and some customers on gocardless, most pay bacs and most work is residential. A little work is commerical. all customers used to automated texts and payment reminders by text. Very rare to receive quality complaints And i have always insisted on high quality cleans, any problems always sorted out free of charge, because of this, good customer relations.

All work, except one job that I can recall is Pole. Usually reachable with a 33 pole. Trad Job is £45 for about 30 mins work, all ground floor.

I personally introduced all customers to the current person cleaning, so customer retention is high. Only a handful of customers cancelled in the last year, and mainly only lower paying jobs which we were happy to see go. Minimum charge of any Job is £15, except for 2 jobs that were mates rates.

Checkatrade reviews are highest in the area, with more new jobs then we can handle during the warmer summer season (check a trade now inactive till summer starts)

The reason for sale is my worker is looking to set his own round up and does not want to buy a round/cant afford this round. So the new owner will need to do the work, or find a new worker

Van Nissn nv200 with 2 man system 500L. Tank 100m hoses can be included with the sale, however ulez is coming so a newer van would save £12.50 a day.

Triple motor Gutter vac and phantom pole included, ladders and hop up

Looking for £45,000 but I am happy to negotiate if a reasonable offer is made.

With the sale I will transfer ownership of the Business name, website and check a trade advertising. Which has been a steady source of high quality work.

The price of the business was valued at 45-50 k by a reputable accountant, I understand times are hard, so please only contact if you are serious about buying a high quality round.
James - Hummingbirds window cleaning - Sutton Surrey
Contact [email protected]. 07985696741

edit Typos….

Last edited:
3-5x the monthly income is more realistic. Not including the vehicle. It’s only been established a couple of years, it’s already had 2 different cleaners, with the current one setting up on their own, it’d be a big risk. You’d be better off coming to an agreement with your current worker.

3-5x the monthly income is more realistic. Not including the vehicle. It’s only been established a couple of years, it’s already had 2 different cleaners, with the current one setting up on their own, it’d be a big risk. You’d be better off coming to an agreement with your current worker.
I appreciate the time for your reply, Thanks for an actual Helpful comment.

What would you say a business like this is worth? in this location? honestly looking for your opinion, not looking for an argument

Fwiw if I had that cash sitting about and it was work that made sense fkr me to buy then I'd spend that money on it as its going to make me money in the end. I have paid x7 once before. Il over pay of it makes sense. Window runs don't go for much more than x3 though. If you trust the guy and you can wait for your money then I'd come to an agreement thats affordable to him with a weekly amount. Don't make it something silly that's going to have him working all week and have next to nothing left or itl cause problems. He could probably tale that run off you right now for nothing if he wanted too, so putting him under pressure to pay a big amount every week could back fire.

This is a difficult thing to put a price on as everyone will have there own interpretation of what it’s worth , but most work is sold on monthly turnover by 4-6 times so in your case with 45 k that would equate to £3750 per month so x 4 would be 15k x6 would be 22.5 k , now ime not saying that’s what it’s worth but that’s how most sell work bases on this type of reasoning , at the end of the day the buyer is only buying a list of names and addresses and good will , it’s highly unlikely but he could loose a high % of the work if ones don’t like him etc . But I can also see your pricing of 45k being a cheap up and running business for someone although they would have to work for nothing for a year to pay for it , it just depends who comes along and how they view it .Good luck with the sale .

This is a difficult thing to put a price on as everyone will have there own interpretation of what it’s worth , but most work is sold on monthly turnover by 4-6 times so in your case with 45 k that would equate to £3750 per month so x 4 would be 15k x6 would be 22.5 k , now ime not saying that’s what it’s worth but that’s how most sell work bases on this type of reasoning , at the end of the day the buyer is only buying a list of names and addresses and good will , it’s highly unlikely but he could loose a high % of the work if ones don’t like him etc . But I can also see your pricing of 45k being a cheap up and running business for someone although they would have to work for nothing for a year to pay for it , it just depends who comes along and how they view it .Good luck with the sale .

Most buisneses don't start making profit for up to 2 years after buying out another buisnes. Window cleaning must be one of the cheapest around when it comes to this.

A guy asked if I wanted to sell my customers to him in Ferry Village but I only have 4 in that exact location. One text me yesterday saying they are moving out of their rented flat. So I could have sold him the 4 for £240 and now he would be down to 3 so it's a risk.

Hi. Just asking a question to you more experienced guys please.

Is this business someone doing 350 a day on their own ? Give it take ?

Reason I ask is I’m doing 200 - 230 is on my own and I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong and if my pricing is shocking

Reason I ask is I’m doing 200 - 230 is on my own and I’m wondering what I’m doing wrong and if my pricing is shocking
It will depend on your prices if you are happy with what you are earning that’s all that matters , but £250-400 per day with one guy is definitely achievable

There are many different scenarios to your question. Firstly it will depend on where you're based. Secondly on how compact your work is.
If you're in an affluent area with a compact round and doing just over £200 then you're probably underselling your services.
If you're working an area that is full of people struggling to make ends meet and have jobs scattered then you're doing as well and can be expected.
For example in the NE on residential work we struggle to average £30 ab hour. On commercial work in the south we average over double that.

Last edited:

Also depends on how long a day you work.
£350 on a 5 hr day is good going. £350 on a 9 hr day isn’t.

There are many different scenarios to your question. Firstly it will depend on where you're based. Secondly on how compact your work is.
If you're in an affluent area with a compact round and doing just over £200 then you're probably underselling your services.
If you're working an area that is full of people struggling to make ends meet and have jobs scattered then you're doing as well and can be expected.
For example in the NE on residential work we struggle to average £30 ab hour. On commercial work in the south we average over double that.
You must work slow Pt £30 hour. Inner town street houses maybe. Outer town developments = more £s

You must work slow Pt £30 hour. Inner town street houses maybe. Outer town developments = more £s
We struggle getting compact work as very few new builds in my area, a lot starting to be built though, and a lot of long established trad guys doing it for £6 / £7 per house so we tend to have 2 or 3 houses then move van. Hourly rate on glass is probably £50 an hour but constantly moving knocks it down.

We struggle getting compact work as very few new builds in my area, a lot starting to be built though, and a lot of long established trad guys doing it for £6 / £7 per house so we tend to have 2 or 3 houses then move van. Hourly rate on glass is probably £50 an hour but constantly moving knocks it down.
Yes these trad guys are all over the residents Fb pages in my area. Its who ever gets
in quick

Latest Posts

Back