Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New build estates

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jimmystevens

There's about 20,000 houses being built over the next couple of years near me. Builders cleans don't bother me personally, enjoy the challenge but just wondered whether the large housebuilders use big national firms or if they get locals in?

And does anyone have any experience of how to get their foot in the door with this kind of work?

Logically, being the first face on the scene would be beneficial for when people start moving in too.

Thanks

There's about 20,000 houses being built over the next couple of years near me. Builders cleans don't bother me personally, enjoy the challenge but just wondered whether the large housebuilders use big national firms or if they get locals in?

And does anyone have any experience of how to get their foot in the door with this kind of work?

Logically, being the first face on the scene would be beneficial for when people start moving in too.

Thanks
We used to do a few years ago when we needed more work , but I certainly wouldn’t do it now , some firms look for local window cleaners we get enquiries about this from building contractors even now . Personal think with hindsight the time would have been better spent getting regular window cleaning work rather than doing builders cleans . Each to their own but you will earn far more and have a much easier life not doing them .

I used to clean some show homes for a local company not builders clean waste of time always waiting for the money to arrive always excuses spent more time chasing them then cleaning them .Soon stopped doing them got paid in the end wasn’t worth the hassle

Done these cleans before. Not worth it. They expect a lot and the time to clean them up properly is just stupid.

Also if the site is actively been built and you using WFP make sure it's not windy as they can look worse after you finish

If you get In first you can pick up a few, I've had houses in 2 new build areas before and ended up getting rid of both of them. I'm not sure if it's the case in England but here in Scotland if your a first time buyer you can get a new build with only a 5% deposit with the govermeant making it up to 20%. In my experience they have turned out to be the ones that are a nightmare for paymeant

I'm beginning to ask for the money upfront. Especially when doing contract work or multioccupancy jobs. Did one a year ago for £900 which meant £150 each. The organiser had £600 and said I had to contact the landlords which were okay with quote for the other £300. Took me months to get the last £150 so now it's money there when I begin. We live and learn but when one is busy then we don't need the hassle.

It won't guarantee you the houses, from my experience in doing builders cleans around 7-8 years ago and knowing what I know about housebuilders these days they want the cheapest price, I wouldn't bother with the builders cleans and just concentrate on getting the houses when people have moved in.

Latest Posts

Back