Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Cleans Video.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wouldn't using any chemical cleaning material on the window overtime damaged the seal on the double glazed unit, then causing it to mist up?

thats why i thought the wfp way with pure water was the safest method?

Hi Dan
Yes mine are a different nozzle set up on the end of the applicator as mine are fan jet , Benz are a fully cone nozzle totally different nozzle set up that's mainly for softwash washing too
Thanks for explaining! I'd used the Benz nozzle to spray up a GSF clean, but think a fan would be better for coverage, and the force of the fan jet would dislodge more dirt. I'll order one when they're back in stock.

Any hints from @Damo or @daveyboy on what the ingredients were would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ubik is good to a certain point but doesn't rinse too well..very easy to leave traces which will spotScrewfix no nonsense degreaser is stronger and rinses so easily that there is never a problem

Dam only just bought some Ubik 2000 for first cleans pvc etc waste of money then :cry: as on builders cleans I like to pre treat all windows first then wfp after which can take a fair amount of time to complete the entire clean , Might shelve it for now and get some Screwfix De-Greaser .

Ubik is ok but it can stain..i know some people on here use it for everything and say they have not had staining but i have had it and so have others so i don't leave it on i just spray and clean.

Screwfix stuff i spray everything if doing a roof etc with it very strong (no need to be too strong i just go a bit ott ) then go have some lunch and then clean it off..the water does most of the work then not the brush and no staining ever

Thanks daveyboy I will go with Screwfix stuff still got some virosol left for now , Does the Screwfix stuff bring white pvc up to a nice shiny bright white finish (trying saying that fast after a few drinks /emoticons/biggrin.png )

Ubik is ok but it can stain..i know some people on here use it for everything and say they have not had staining but i have had it and so have others so i don't leave it on i just spray and clean.
Screwfix stuff i spray everything if doing a roof etc with it very strong (no need to be too strong i just go a bit ott ) then go have some lunch and then clean it off..the water does most of the work then not the brush and no staining ever
Same ere I've had the stain myself of TFR I dilute it down so it just looks pink now that's my way lol spray on and scrub straight away unless it's a damp day hot weather is the issues with it.

I'm going to try some of this screw fix stuff

Back