Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Speedfit connections on a DI

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jamiesmack

My wfp system is driving me crazy at the minute. It is drawing in air from somewhere and I cant work out where. It is air locking occasionally and constantly losing pressure and spluttering. If I explain my setup -

I purify water on demand with a double DI setup - it has worked fine for 12 months, but the last month it has been getting worse and worse. My system runs Tank - DI vessel 1 - DI vessel 2 - Pump - hose reel. The connections are - brass elbow from tank, short section of copper pipe, then gardiners clear reinforced 1/2 inch hose with hoselock connections on DI vessels. Hose is jubilee clamped onto pump (with strainer).

It has been recommended to me that I replace the hozelock fittings with Speedfit, has anyone done this on their in-van system? The connector for the vessel is a 3/4 to 1/2 inch reducer, do you think this would work?

Cheers @peter rogers. Someone else told me today that I need to swap them round, but when I was setting my system up Gardiners told me it needs to be the way Ive got it now - Something to do with the pressure

Do you know what difference it makes having them either way round?

My wfp system is driving me crazy at the minute. It is drawing in air from somewhere and I cant work out where. It is air locking occasionally and constantly losing pressure and spluttering. If I explain my setup -
I purify water on demand with a double DI setup - it has worked fine for 12 months, but the last month it has been getting worse and worse. My system runs Tank - DI vessel 1 - DI vessel 2 - Pump - hose reel. The connections are - brass elbow from tank, short section of copper pipe, then gardiners clear reinforced 1/2 inch hose with hoselock connections on DI vessels. Hose is jubilee clamped onto pump (with strainer).

It has been recommended to me that I replace the hozelock fittings with Speedfit, has anyone done this on their in-van system? The connector for the vessel is a 3/4 to 1/2 inch reducer, do you think this would work?
We used brass and push connections
3bfe34e9301f84331109eac8961ffb90.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Your problem is more than likely having the pump after the d.I vessels.

If your pump is last what you are doing is sucking on everything before it so anything that I'd not 100% airtight will draw air in.

If the pump is first the only way it can draw air in is from the hose from the tank to the pump. Everything after the pump including fittings etc can only leak if they are not air tight they can't draw air in.

So the simple fix is to go hose from tank then pump then the rest if it still draws air in it had to be on the pumps inlet side so the inlet connector hose or tank fitting.

Just think logically and it will be really easy to find the fault

I run a double DI system. Tank - filter - pump - DI1 - DI2 - Reel.

I have had it this way for years with no problems.

Latest Posts

Back