Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new pole advise please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
Im currently using a harris with a heavy brodex brush and whilst its a solid pole and does the job the clamps wear quickly and they can be a pain geting undone sometimes, also its heavy when im really stretching for awkard windows, ive been using another harris pole shoved up the bottom of this to give me an extra 6ft extension for 2nd storey work or conservatorys but its very heavy.

I really want an 18ft pole which would be perfect for 90% of my work, im thinking gardiner clx but not sure whether to get the 18ft and buy a couple of extension in future if needed for 2nd story work and connys.

Or should i get the 27?

If i get the 27 can you take it down to 18 and put and end cap on?

also will a 27 reach most fsg?

The reason i want the shortest pole i can get away with is weight, i want to use an extreme brush to make it as light as my budget will allow

I really cant afford an slx, the only other option i was thinking was buy a cheap fibreglass 30 footer for about 100 or so quid for the one off jobs and save for an 18 or 22 slx but i imagine the cheap fibreglass to be a joke at 30ft?

An SLX-22 reached the gable on this house today, so a CLX-27 should be fine if not a bit whippy?

74EAD9E9-6FEE-4A03-9498-D82DED268F7F_zpsrpavqwxh.jpg

Buy full carbon, it will weigh less and is more rigid.

Facelift 18 full carbon and then get the extra 4 foot carbon length that can be added when needed, I've got the 18 and 25 facelift Phoenix poles and they are superb, you'll love it!

I use a 35 or so foot fibreglass pole, works fine, but is a touch bendy at full length, and isn't light. If you have a look on my facebook page you will see a pic of it doing 3 story work, I can't be arsed to upload pics to photobucket atm. https://www.facebook.com/cotswoldspowerclean

I plan on keeping this for 3 story etc, and getting a small light pole for normal stuff.

A touch bendy? I'd had thought it would be very bendy? My 35ft gardiner slx2 is bendy and that's full carbon!

I always use the 25ft for 3 storey and then the 35 for really high stuff etc...

Back