New pump

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Shiny, Jan 5, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

during the xmas break I replaced the pump on my van system, had been having slight problem with the pressure switch so thought I better get it changed before it packed up altogether. First day back today and everything fine ...infact I've realised today that the old pump must have been detereating for some time because with the new one there seemed more pressure and I seemed to have used less water...!

Advertisement
  2. Jonathan Sanderson

Jonathan Sanderson Active Member

Do you use a flow controller?
    I think in time all pumps do deteriorate, but you can just keep using the flow control untill your running it flat out.

Then just replace the diaphragm and pressure switch.

3. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Yea have a flow control but what was happening was would switch on as normal pump would start then after a few minutes would cut out and the screen would flash PS...I found out if I tapped the pump it would kick in again....but the cutting out and having to go back to the van and tap the pump started to become more frequent over the last month...so real pain...thought best thing change pump...problem solved...it was over 4 year old with constant use

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Got your moneys worth it has lasted 4 years then :thumbsup:

5. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Yea no complaints there smurf ...as I said I haven't relised the gradual decline ...I think it's just something you get used to and it wasn't until it started actually cutting out I thought there was a problem...but now I have the new one fitted...big difference...so next time want leave it as long...lol...well we're all the the same ..leave it till last minute...lol

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm a bit like that too :D

Advertisement