Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new uni valve looks mint

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nope @Parky , these are rarer than a Window Cleaning Forum member that actually cleans windows. I think only one perhaps two lads got a sneak preview around the UK. I don't think it's even been out for field testing, straight from design to production. I could of course be wrong.
Which is why I would be highly sceptical until a review and or video has been published.

"joke", "useless" why? It's simply a new way of trying to stop landfill. 6-12 months and then a few quid in bristles to totally restore. No pod gaps therefore complete coverage instantly with less agitation...
Weight: My brush, Taking the side2side off weighs 210..ish and that's 300mm (12" wide). More weight can be shaved if I got out my saw and cut 2cm off each end of the Alu extrusion to make it UK 'normal'...comparison Gardiners (excluding the Extreme range) 200-270gm ...not sure how long they are but I've physically seen one so I'm guessing 240-260mm? X-Line Dual Trims 222gm for 260mm. Tecbuk Dual Trim 200ish for a 220mm.... so on those figures the dry weights are all pretty comparable. The other thing that needs to be considered is bristle type. Nylon bristles? more absorbent, tendency to clump and weight increases and stays there until it dries off again. Polyester filaments non absorbent, shed water and tend not to increase too much in weight, but in use I've found I need to have more flow. No biggie for me as we use clients water over here and our pressure in general is pretty stable at 100-120psi ...but for you guys carrying your own? needs to be considered.

Look, when I got the first prototype early last year I was genuinely skeptical and it took me a couple of weeks to even try it out. First couple of times ...hnnnh...maybe, maybe not...

once I got used to it and understood the whole bristle track idea I really rated it, and, continue to do so. The up front expense is certainly hard to justify for a lot of us (I'm an early adopter do no biggie. I've got a shed full of **** that didn't work. A lot of named after a certain bird /emoticons/smile.png ), but the concept is you buy into a system that is modular and the only ongoing cost is bristle track...and maybe end caps. You don't buy the complete kit every time. I've just checked our NZ price and with the current garbage exchange rate a 12" is $255NZ ...for that you get 1x assembled brush, a second one for you to configure yourself and 2x Side to Side Pivots. So as opposed to a brush costing X amount you are buying a KIT for X amount. 12 months ago my brother replaced his Tucker Brush. Block alone was $160NZ...and should we talk about heavy...

By the by I see the guys who do Vision are selling the new Uni-Valve ...
It just all looks wrong Eric. I could spend all night and more saying why but hey, each to their own./emoticons/smile.png

It just all looks wrong Eric. I could spend all night and more saying why but hey, each to their own./emoticons/smile.png
All good. We're in totally different markets and I am certainly not going to try and 'teach grandma to suck eggs'. I was simply clarifying some of the perceived negatives that are floating around. Works for me in NZ and so my post was there to give my honest views from a long time user perspective. Que Sera.

Last edited by a moderator:
12711179_10208903358769651_1627215515110530957_o.jpg
How do you get them so quickly?

Fitted and tested!!!!! It's a much lighter feel when you pull the hose, and doesn't have the ker-Klunck of the aquadapter. It feels good, and really does tidy the end of the pole up.

Will you be able to remove them without damaging them . I'm thinking if you get a split in your hose and you need to replace the hose .

Will you be able to remove them without damaging them . I'm thinking if you get a split in your hose and you need to replace the hose .
The split will be only a foot away from the end of the hose, so if you don't want it anymore you can just loose a foot of hose i.e. just pull the hose up and use the split and the new end. If you can't do that, you can add a hose joiner - either a push fit or a barbed end.

Nylon Pneumatic STRAIGHT hose tube inline push fit connector air line airline

Nylon Barbed Straight Silicone Hose Connector InLine Fuel Pipe Joiner Air Water

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sounds like I should be able to fit one ok them

N /emoticons/smile.png No what I meant when I said your hose splitting . What if you need to replace your entire pole hose . Just a couple of weeks back I got a split right in the middle of the hose , so I had to bin it all and fit new . So it looks like the univalve is easy to remove , but can you remove the o clips without damaging the univalve ?

Sounds like I should be able to fit one ok themN /emoticons/smile.png No what I meant when I said your hose splitting . What if you need to replace your entire pole hose . Just a couple of weeks back I got a split right in the middle of the hose , so I had to bin it all and fit new . So it looks like the univalve is easy to remove , but can you remove the o clips without damaging the univalve ?
Fit an inline connector just before the Univalve.

Push-Fit 8mm to 8mm Straight Connector - Metric Fittings - John Guest Fittings - Hose Fittings & Adapters - Pump & Hose - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

We use the A/D hose which is 8mm OD so this will be our solution to removing the pole hose or the brush head assembly. Add another on the other side and you will be able to completely disassemble it.

We have carefully cut the O Clips off with the crimping tool or have also used a Junior Hacksaw and cut them off with damaging the nozzle.

Back