Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New v16 controller

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You might have talked me into getting a couple of these
I’m impressed ? can imagine if you are doing a big job using your hot water if turned up high and you need to stop away from your van it will stop your pole hose from swelling by either pausing or turning off the controller honestly a real smart literally device.

Yes they sound really good. I think you should do a little video @Den
I would need a big production crew like Brad pit  but not the make artist ?

If it Ant broke don’t fix it ??? , worth getting if you need new ones but no point in just changing them for the sake of  it 
Bet you wished you'd done this with electric reels ? With me on the road more at sites where I can't fill up I'm looking at ways to save water. If it means I can do one site without having to pull off site and go to the nearest Spotless then it's money well spent.  

If it Ant broke don’t fix it ??? , worth getting if you need new ones but no point in just changing them for the sake of  it 
My 5 year old v11 is still in perfect working order, I stop and chat a fair bit to my clients and pausing the controller instead of DE is better  for the pump and battery also the newer v16 DE quicker when using a univalve or pinching the hose. 

V16 is quieter and smoothly another added bonus for your pump.

Increasing the flow on big poles for rinsing on is a breeze I’m honestly really happy with it, may not be a necessity but it adds to luxury department like a electric reel or an extreme pole etc. 

My 5 year old v11 is still in perfect working order, I stop and chat a fair bit to my clients and pausing the controller instead of DE is better  for the pump and battery also the newer v16 DE quicker when using a univalve or pinching the hose. 

Increasing the flow on big poles for rinsing on is a breeze I’m honestly really happy with it, may not be a necessity but it adds to luxury department like a electric reel or an extreme pole etc. 
I’m tempted too, mine isn’t broken but it’s an analogue version that’s so easy. Would be a big change for me

When mine need replacing I will probably get them mine are now 7 years old and Ime not going to tempt fait but they are working fine , no idear what the expected life of a controller is though ???? 

When mine need replacing I will probably get them mine are now 7 years old and Ime not going to tempt fait but they are working fine , no idear what the expected life of a controller is though ???? 
NO idea the lifespan my v11 still works perfect 5 years old.

I'm sure @sprucewill have an older one that he's repaired half a dozen times ? 
I did respond to this earlier but I must not have pressed the post button. ?

Mine are one of the first digital Varistreams. I purchased both of them for my first van mount back in 2008. They have worked faultlessly. It was the newer VDS model which was a 'keep up with the Jones' design attempt to include a crude voltmeter.

Williamson pumps no longer make them.

My son still has the last of the analogue controllers on his van; I think it was the mk3.

The reason why my controllers have lasted is they don't get wet, the van is pretty dry and I don't take the battery out to recharge it.

If I did the latter I would have reversed battery polarity often. The V16 would have been my first purchase. ?

I well after setting my fob which took seconds I braved the 50mph winds for a seconds lol and it turns to controller on/off actually how it should ?  this would be ideal for those that have controllers on the side door and have reels  out the back as you wouldn’t need to open side door to turn controllers on. 

Sounds a good investment @Den. So am I right in thinking your not using a univalve. You use the wfp  to wash the window then press the fob, water stops move to next window press again the water starts? 

Sounds a good investment @Den. So am I right in thinking your not using a univalve. You use the wfp  to wash the window then press the fob, water stops move to next window press again the water starts? 
Yes that’s correct but I still use the univalve as got to train my memory muscle lol.

We have 5 poles on the van 2 x 18’ poles 2 x25’ poles and a 4’ poles.

each pole as univalves I use three out of 5 poles my son uses the other 2 

I would have save Approx £120 to £135 on univalves just for my 3 poles. 

The fob being on a lanyard is excellent.

I have had a remote fob for my electric reel for a year and only recently the last three/four weeks started to use that as I only  recently Put that on a lanyard that’s the same I forget to use at times ? ? 

Yes that’s correct but I still use the univalve as got to train my memory muscle lol.

We have 5 poles on the van 2 x 18’ poles 2 x25’ poles and a 4’ poles.

each pole as univalves I use three out of 5 poles my son uses the other 2 

I would have save Approx £120 to £135 on univalves just for my 3 poles. 

The fob being on a lanyard is excellent.

I have had a remote fob for my electric reel for a year and only recently the last three/four weeks started to use that as I only  recently Put that on a lanyard that’s the same I forget to use at times ? ? 
It’s sounds good. I guess after all these years not using a fob,  it’s difficult to get used to or remember. I’ll keep it in mind if mine breaks. Or if I decide to splash the cash on the new toy, I guess if it makes it easier then it would be worth upgrading. 

Jango said:
It’s sounds good. I guess after all these years not using a fob,  it’s difficult to get used to or remember. I’ll keep it in mind if mine breaks. Or if I decide to splash the cash on the new toy, I guess if it makes it easier then it would be worth upgrading. 
Did you get the one for split relay? 

Did you get the one for split relay? 
Most days I only do approx 6 miles all day so didn’t bother Did think about as Spring can custom make a controller for your needs. 

Because of my low mileage I had to charge the battery every day on my last van which was fitted-with a VSR.

my routine is the same every night when finishing work is top up water as I have a static RO DI system run extension cable out charge battery. 

Most days I only do approx 6 miles all day so didn’t bother Did think about as Spring can custom make a controller for your needs. 

Because of my low mileage I had to charge the battery every day on my last van which was fitted-with a VSR.

my routine is the same every night when finishing work is top up water as I have a static RO DI system run extension cable out charge battery. 
Ok. I have a split charge relay. But I’m like you manually charge, I’m on similar mileage. I’m not thinking of swapping my van though so would keep this setup with SCR

Back