Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No water nightmare

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sorry I'm a little bit confused. Where are you storing rain water now? Is it across the road or in a garden right outside your house? do you have a garden outside your window? Or only the one outside the street? And how close can your get your van to your house without having to cross a busy road?
Dunno if this helps mate.

ffcb0ce9e66bdde6fbb95402b9f7d3f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes it does. Are you collecting rainwater in a tank across the road then? I take it you have zero space either at front or back of your house even to put a small take 250-300 litre?

sorry I'm a little bit confused. Where are you storing rain water now? Is it across the road or in a garden right outside your house? do you have a garden outside your window? Or only the one outside the street? And how close can your get your van to your house without having to cross a busy road?
I'm storing rain water in the garden off the garages. There is no garden attached to my house. I can park the van outside the house but for short periods of time.

yes it does. Are you collecting rainwater in a tank across the road then? I take it you have zero space either at front or back of your house even to put a small take 250-300 litre?
That would be a no [emoji23]

Thing is, I could run a hose from my bathroom tap across the road to a storage tank.....then what.

How do I run it through an RO from there? I can't run it through the RO to begin with as it would take too long and we need to use the bathroom tap.

Haha you can get some great shaped tanks. I know it's not ideal. Would you get a ticket if you parked up put the front of your house on the road/pavement?
It's not the road that's the issue, I could park there as long as I like - no lines or anything. It's just that it's a fairly narrow road with a farm at the top so tractors are always passing meaning I can't be there for too long. And also the neighbours need access to the car park too and I don't want to annoy them by parking outside the house all the time.

I'd put the ro/di under my sink and run the hose into my van Outside the front of my house if you can park for 30mins-1 hour get a 4040 as it's quick.

Wether you have it before or after the van the time it takes to fill will be the same.

Failing that I would use a di only to top up on the rainwater harvesting from customers taps or the tap I think you said you had across the road?

If your not using it very often if will be a little more expensive but won't bankrupt you.

You will probably get about 500litres or so from one will on the di.

It's not the road that's the issue, I could park there as long as I like - no lines or anything. It's just that it's a fairly narrow road with a farm at the top so tractors are always passing meaning I can't be there for too long. And also the neighbours need access to the car park too and I don't want to annoy them by parking outside the house all the time.

Put the ro/di under your kintchen sink and run the hose after that into your van tank.

4040 to will only take a short while and you could do it in bursts in the early morning early evening.

Hour each time should get you a lot of water depending on your pressure.

Keep a bigger tank in your van than you need.

Farms, outbuildings, storage, alls good. Go talk to him. He might let you collect from outbuildings roofs for a monthly clean?

Other than that try to buy some locally or mow lawns!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd put the ro/di under my sink and run the hose into my van Outside the front of my house if you can park for 30mins-1 hour get a 4040 as it's quick.
Wether you have it before or after the van the time it takes to fill will be the same.

Failing that I would use a di only to top up on the rainwater harvesting from customers taps or the tap I think you said you had across the road?

If your not using it very often if will be a little more expensive but won't bankrupt you.

You will probably get about 500litres or so from one will on the di.
Thanks for all your suggestions mate. I really appreciate it [emoji1360] gonna have a think about what to do this evening.

Thanks again everyone.

I have only scanned through this post so not shure if it's be suggested.

Depending on what van you have why not install a 40/40 Ro with a booster pump.

The booster pump will give you better pressure for the 40/40 but also it will fill a lot quicker.

You will probably fill a 500 litre tank in about 2 hours.

You could ring the water board and tell them you want a garden tap in your garden and tell them to sort the meter out so you can do that.

I've looked at your profile. It tells me you are 20 years old. If you don't mind me asking; whose house is it? If you have a landlord, then he should be the one to sort it out with the water board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another suggestion if planning aloud is to place water butt 200l outside kitchen or bathroom external wall install Ro under sink drill one very small hole for your ro pure water put a float valve in water butt shut off kit on RO and bobs your uncle I used the water butts with this set up until I got busy enough to warrant a Ibc tank.

Just put double di in your van, it will cost you a little bit more but nothing compared to buying from someone local. And it's only a backup for when you don't have enough rainwater. Just park outside your house and fill quickly with tap water then put both di after pump and it just filters as you need it. Then when you have rainwater fill your tank with that, it will make your resin last longer

You could ring the water board and tell them you want a garden tap in your garden and tell them to sort the meter out so you can do that.
Can they move meters like that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've looked at your profile. It tells me you are 20 years old. If you don't mind me asking; whose house is it? If you have a landlord, then he should be the one to sort it out with the water board.
Nosy git /emoticons/wink.png it's my parents house mate. They're not keen either on spending £1000 for a new supply. If like you said above the water board can just move my meter from outside my house to across the road in the garden at the supply....how much do you reckon this would cost?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ask the local farm if they will let you cannect up an ro there for a nominal fee

Probably a no but it is a suggestion lol

Back