No water through pump? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Tutorials & DIY' started by Mark Foster, Nov 8, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Mark Foster

Mark Foster Newcomer

Hi.

So I set up a DIY system in the back of my van. Shurflo 100 PSI pump and williamson pump controller. All equipment was second hand and the pump looked battered, but worked. It all worked fine for months (about 5) then the pump started doing some funny stuff, losing pressure, inconsistent pressure etc. Also it leaked in my van one night. Then one day turned it on and nothing, no water came out. Pump was running, but sounded lumpy, and could control it through the controller to turn it up and down but nothing came out. So after playing around with it decided the pump was knackered. I bought a brand new pump, Shurflo 100 PSI, and installed it today. Turned it on and nothing? The controller seems to be working fine, you can hear the pump going up and down through the levels, sounds much better than the old one. Its purring, but no water is coming out of it?

Very confused. Any ideas??

Advertisement
  2. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

Mark Foster are you sure you have a free water supply running into the pump?. it may sound daft but do you have an on/off tap before the pump. Or if you are using hozelock type fittings, does one of them have a auto stop in it so when not connected to anything it stops the flow?

3. Posh

Posh Hero

Exactly as above.
    Hozlelock connectors some of them have a stop button in em & won't pump until its connected.

4. Mark Foster

Mark Foster Newcomer

Thanks for the replies.
    That was my first thought, I do have a hozelock female fitting with a stop running into the pump. Ive changed this and nothing?
    Its a very simple set up, tank - hose to pump - hose to di vessel - hose out to reel. All connected via hozelock fittings. Not much can wrong with this? The only other thing is the controller but seems fine, you can hear pump going up and down as you change levels. So it must be something obvious im missing?

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Try disconnecting the hose from the DI and see if water comes out.

6. Posh

Posh Hero

Also have you got the hoses right way on pump. Silly but you never know. Are you sucking the water or blowing bubbles.

7. Mark Foster

Mark Foster Newcomer

Will disconnect everything when I get home and start again from scratch. If no one has come across a problem like this before then chances are im missing something obvious. But the system was working, I was cleaning windows pretty much full time with it then it just stopped. Ill let you know how I get on.
    Thanks

8. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Could be a piece on the di vessel. I had a elbow valve that went on the di outlet and stopped water from coming out

Advertisement