Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No Water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shane71

Hi Guys.I use a pure freedom trolley.Came to use my water fed pole and no water.Checked pipes and I can't see anything blocked.So I thought it may be the pump,so I got a new pump,set it up with the new pump, still no water.Thanks in advance guys.

When we had a nano it was the old style. I thought the hose had been changed to help stop the air locks. I know they changed the bottom of the hose that goes into the water barrel to a little strainer. Ours got lots of air locks.
Hope you sort it Shane.

I can't fault that Blueman 20 backpack at £115 each on Ebay. The pressure it gives out is great with 4 jets. I have gave up trying to repair them now and just buy new because I only use it for 2 houses per month.

When we had a nano it was the old style. I thought the hose had been changed to help stop the air locks. I know they changed the bottom of the hose that goes into the water barrel to a little strainer. Ours got lots of air locks.
Hope you sort it Shane.
I operate using the nano trolley only. I got it in 2019 and haven't suffered the types of air locks that I've heard of before on here, so with what you say I might have the updated version. I don't get air lock problems with mine and I run it dry regularly (getting every last drop out of a barrel to finish the last window sills).

I can't fault that Blueman 20 backpack at £115 each on Ebay. The pressure it gives out is great with 4 jets. I have gave up trying to repair them now and just buy new because I only use it for 2 houses per month.
I heard these are ok -

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I operate using the nano trolley only. I got it in 2019 and haven't suffered the types of air locks that I've heard of before on here, so with what you say I might have the updated version. I don't get air lock problems with mine and I run it dry regularly (getting every last drop out of a barrel to finish the last window sills).
Mine is about the same age as yours and is the latest version but if run dry it’s a nightmare to get rid of air locks

Mine is about the same age as yours and is the latest version but if run dry it’s a nightmare to get rid of air locks
Yeah it's weird, I don't know why mine doesn't suffer in the same way. Obviously I'm using it day in day out so I don't know if that has like bed it in better, would seem unlikely though.

When mine runs out and I'm using it dry for say a minute to get every last drip, well I turn it off, change the drum (for a full one) then turn it on and there is and air lock but I just point the brush as close to the ground as possible and after about 10 seconds it releases the air lock and water splutters through eventually to a full flow. Never takes more than about 30 seconds though, probably a lot less.

I vaguely remember once where I think I've had to suck it through with my mouth over the hose, but I can't remember the reason for that and I'm sure if that wasn't the only time I've done that then it's happened less than say 3 times as I can't remember having to do it.

For reference I run mine at 100 percent all the time and charge it every night. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Yeah it's weird, I don't know why mine doesn't suffer in the same way. Obviously I'm using it day in day out so I don't know if that has like bed it in better, would seem unlikely though.

When mine runs out and I'm using it dry for say a minute to get every last drip, well I turn it off, change the drum (for a full one) then turn it on and there is and air lock but I just point the brush as close to the ground as possible and after about 10 seconds it releases the air lock and water splutters through eventually to a full flow. Never takes more than about 30 seconds though, probably a lot less.

I vaguely remember once where I think I've had to suck it through with my mouth over the hose, but I can't remember the reason for that and I'm sure if that wasn't the only time I've done that then it's happened less than say 3 times as I can't remember having to do it.

For reference I run mine at 100 percent all the time and charge it every night. Don't know if that makes a difference.
Ok that’s interesting we only use ours for chemical applications I have 3 of them and they all behave the same way , excellent piece of kit though , we run ours on different settings depending what we are doing some weeks they aren’t used at all and others they are used all day for a week . You must get through some water as on full flow they do chuck it out ???

Ok that’s interesting we only use ours for chemical applications I have 3 of them and they all behave the same way , excellent piece of kit though , we run ours on different settings depending what we are doing some weeks they aren’t used at all and others they are used all day for a week . You must get through some water as on full flow they do chuck it out ???
Yeah I don't really use that much water. It works out something like a barrel every 15 minutes. So that's about 1.8 litres a minute. How much do you go through doing windows off your van mount?

Yeah I don't really use that much water. It works out something like a barrel every 15 minutes. So that's about 1.8 litres a minute. How much do you go through doing windows off your van mount?
To be honest I don’t know one van has a 600 ltr , one has 650 and the other 1000 we generally empty them every day and when doing commercial top up whilst working so will use more than the tank capacity, but that’s doing a lot of windows usually 8 hours on the glass a day with two guys per van

Based on one 600 litre with two operators doing 7 hours on the glass (one hour down time) that works out at 0.7 litres per minute. 42 litres per man per hour. I tend to use 250 litres in about 4 to 5 hours depending on delays. So it sounds like I probably use just over double what your guys are using.

Based on one 600 litre with two operators doing 7 hours on the glass (one hour down time) that works out at 0.7 litres per minute. 42 litres per man per hour. I tend to use 250 litres in about 4 to 5 hours depending on delays. So it sounds like I probably use just over double what your guys are using.
On residential work 2 men empty a 650l tank in 5.5 - 6 hours. On commercial work, blocks of flats, we empty an 800l tank in around 5 hours

On residential work 2 men empty a 650l tank in 5.5 - 6 hours. On commercial work, blocks of flats, we empty an 800l tank in around 5 hours
On commercial, which I presume is a better indicator of your water usage rate, as I presume it's on more constantly, for 2 men over 5 hours works out at 1.3 litres per minute.

Residential is 0.98 litres per minute.

On commercial, which I presume is a better indicator of your water usage rate, as I presume it's on more constantly, for 2 men over 5 hours works out at 1.3 litres per minute.

Residential is 0.98 litres per minute.
Don't forget that when you are setting up/packing up walking round the back of a property etc the water isn't flowing. My guess would be that their flow is more like 1.5 litres per min.

Back