Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not viable

WCF

Help Support WCF:

francie

I split my round in two,one half one week then other half following week,so fortnightly.
I know alot of youse frown upon that that an do 4 6 8 weekly.
My round is very compact an I can do 6 to 7 maybe 8 an hour.

Tho theres a couple that only wants done 4 weekly sn he windows are minging when I turn up,more bird ****,more webs,dirtier frames an generally takes longer to do.
When I'm doing normal route its handy,the windows are more or less clean,barely any built up debris at an an takes no time to do.

My motto is I'm being played to maintain very clean glass an frames,not having to do a first clean everytime I show up.

So is it not a pain in the **** to arrive at a dirty first clean everytime your doing a house,that would be very annoying an wastage of water??

I split my round in two,one half one week then other half following week,so fortnightly.

Tho theres a couple that only wants done 4 weekly sn he windows are minging when I turn up,more bird ****,more webs,dirtier frames an generally takes longer to do.
When I'm doing normal route its handy,the windows are more or less clean,barely any built up debris at an an takes no time to do.

My motto is I'm being played to maintain very clean glass an frames,not having to do a first clean everytime I show up.

So is it not a pain in the **** to arrive at a dirty first clean everytime your doing a house,that would be very annoying an wastage of water
Do you need their custom which helps towards you paying your bills

Your a window cleaner so clean the glass
Don't think you're being played but more a case of not liking hard work

Do you need their custom which helps towards you paying your bills

Your a window cleaner so clean the glass
Don't think you're being played but more a case of not liking hard work

Hello aw
Sorry I meant to say being payed lol
It's pays a full time wage for part time hours mate,I tradded for 8 years then then left the guys I started with an went waterfed pole.
It's always been fortnightly here,I'm just wondering is it not a pain in the **** to do more or less a first clean every job?
While waste of water I think,tho 4 weekly might not be to bad,but any longer an there minging,plus my custhys crack up if I'm not round every second week,which is very rare.

95% of my work is 3 monthly and the rest is 6 monthly. On one of the 6 monthly jobs we have a virtual 1st clean every time. The other 5 6 monthly jobs are dirty but not to the point of doing anymore than a higher flow. The 3 monthly's, except 1 site, are virtually clean apart from debris on the sills.
Only ever come across really dirty windows, after a month, when the house is either roadside, on a very busy road that buses and lorries use, or coastal properties.

95% of my work is 3 monthly and the rest is 6 monthly. On one of the 6 monthly jobs we have a virtual 1st clean every time. The other 5 6 monthly jobs are dirty but not to the point of doing anymore than a higher flow. The 3 monthly's, except 1 site, are virtually clean apart from debris on the sills.
Only ever come across really dirty windows, after a month, when the house is either roadside, on a very busy road that buses and lorries use, or coastal properties.
Goodman part timer,is that commercial work?
I'm residential,an theres alot of trees an birds,an spiders in my area,they be covered in ****,sometimes the birds **** on the windows five mins after iv done them haha

So is it not a pain in the **** to arrive at a dirty first clean everytime your doing a house,that would be very annoying an wastage of water??
Nothing wrong with wanting an easier round.

I wouldn't consider a 4 weekly clean anything near a first clean though unless it was a property on a main road, next to a coal fired power plant and opposite the local landfill.

Could you just add a few quid onto the ones that want 4 weekly to cover the extra time?

Nothing wrong with wanting an easier round.

I wouldn't consider a 4 weekly clean anything near a first clean though unless it was a property on a main road, next to a coal fired power plant and opposite the local landfill.

Could you just add a few quid onto the ones that want 4 weekly to cover the extra time?
Theres only two that get it monthly mate an I dont mind tbh,must be just my area has lots of trees in the area,with plenty of birds to go with.
Other places must not get as dirty as fast as the area I'm in.

I'd be interested to know what your prices are?
I've only got 2 customers on fortnightly, but I think I'd struggle to get people in my area to pay up twice in 1 month

Nearly all my work is 4/8 weekly with the odd longer frequency clean on large properties

I've not done any fortnightly work for at least 20 years!🤣👍

When trad (and using fairy) the windows were pretty dirty after 2 weeks but wfp they are usually fairly clean even after 8 weeks (depending on where the job is situated and weather conditions over that time period). Of course I do have some work that can be pretty dirty after 4 weeks due to time of year(bird muck,bee pollen spots,etc)...

If your WFP I think you should have a minimum of a 500l tank to work fast and efficiently...I only work 5 or 6 hour days and I'm often down to my last 50ltrs by the end of the day....

Back