Offline Website

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Aug 11, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

im wanting to make a sort of offline website as such i can put on disc, does anybody know what software i use to do this.

come on you computer ninjas :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: .

Advertisement
  2. Iain

Iain Guru

PowerPoint Presentation?

Or you could put the website on a disc. Copy the HTML files, CSS and images and when the customer opens it, their browser should read the files as a website.

Sounds like a lot if hassle but it's not really. Email me if you want this done Paulie and I'll put the files on a zip and email them over.

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

So I could put my site on a disk, and when you play it ill will just be like visiting my site? The pretty damm cooll.

4. Iain

Iain Guru

Yeah pretty much. The only thing that wouldn't work is the blog as this is online and would be a nightmare to download fully.

The only requirement would be a CD drive to read the disk and an Internet browser.

The problem though is that if you've got an Internet browser, then the whole thing is a little pointless as the customer could just look at the website anyway...

Thinking outside of the box though, you could even personalise each offline version of the website so that they mention the customers name/logo. This would be a big ball ache but a nice touch for commercial clients.

You could even go one step further and get the website loaded onto some personalised USB sticks! Very smart and not expensive if you buy in bulk. The website I've linked to do all sorts of stuff like this. There's a few items left to upload but they've got a huge collection.

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I like this last idea, cause they could also keep and re-use the USB stick. So your giving someone a gift while advertising your business.

6. Paul

Paul Guest

This is what I'm wanting I think I'm going to do it as a PDF booklet so i can add RISC assessments and personalise them a bit that would be easier for me anyways :)

7. Iain

Iain Guru

What's the benefit of having an electronic offline presentation? If someone's on their PC, Mac or tablet then they've almost certainly got Internet access? Try SlideShare.net is good for presentations but they're stored online like a website but you can personalise them as much as you like. Don't know about pricing but I think it's free for most features.

8. Iain

Iain Guru

Yeah they're quite popular. You can have a USB stick printed with your logo, phone, web address, etc. The last thing the customer will do is throw it away. They'll keep it and use it all the time.

9. Paul

Paul Guest

It not so much a website but a booklet on a disc I want, intro, bit of info, pics, testermonials H&S qualifications and RISC assessments.

10. Iain

Iain Guru

Advertisement