Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

6LPM Heater - 6mm Hose - Insufficient flow.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Hey chaps, since I have changed to 6mm hose and re-calibrated my pump I have insufficient flow to 'trip' the ignition on my water heater unless I up the flow rate to 99 (I usually work with 60-70

Now is there an easy fix or would I do better to change heater to a different brand that can handle lower flow rates?

Please no theory or guesses, just if anyone has actually done what I am doing please comment.

Cheers.

Sorry But I have no personal knowledge on how to solve your problem @Green Pro Clean Ltd .

However, Nat Jones was very into gas heaters and the suggestion on the L5 was to "turn the flow control **** on the L5 to minimum & it'll fire up at a lower flow rate."

He also suggested; " I recommend having the gas turned up about half way or just below."

Might we worth a try.

Apparently reducing the flow to minimum doesn't reduce the flow of water going through the heater, it jusy makes it work better in the wfp environment.

Sorry But I have no personal knowledge on how to solve your problem @Green Pro Clean Ltd .
However, Nat Jones was very into gas heaters and the suggestion on the L5 was to "turn the flow control **** on the L5 to minimum & it'll fire up at a lower flow rate."

He also suggested; " I recommend having the gas turned up about half way or just below."

Might we worth a try.

Apparently reducing the flow to minimum doesn't reduce the flow of water going through the heater, it jusy makes it work better in the wfp environment.
that should be flow control dial or k n o b, but the editor won't let me save the change

Latest Posts

Back