Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Opinions - Facelift Compact

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cheers for all the info. I've been thinking about one of these for a while. Do you just run an extension cable to your van to charge it?
I just take the battery out once a week N charge it in house mate I had a splitter but didn't end up putting it on

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'v yet to see pics of one mounted a van...(hint...hint):love:Value for money?? Also with a black tank how do you keep a note off how many litres you have left.
Just take lid of mate and have a nosey I'll get a pic later when I'm home I'd say value yeah no messing about I have no time as it is so for it all to be done is worth it to me paid just shy of 1k.comes of tax anyways I've been using a trolley for 4yrs had enough of lifting in and out all day plus 325 is big enough for me make plenty of doe on that size 20 houses easy.

they come with a so called fitting kit basically there metal L.shaped feet that go over the bottom of the tank then you need to bolt it down to the floor.

They DON'T come with the bolts WCW sent me them with **** tek-screws what bolts you would need would be down to your van floor i just strapped in down double straps it hasnt moved a bit. To be honest i dont like drilling threw the van floor knowing me i would hit something.

It is a bit dodgy strapping down as the reel is in the way you just have to play with it till you get it just right.

I ordered one last night. I'll pop up some pics once it's here.

Should be spot on mate I think you will like it no messing let us know soon as you got it if you need any help but dont think you will

I just spoke to window cleaning warehouse and mine will be with me tomorrow [emoji106]

It's just been delivered.
53ea353cd20bf119e4669c0a1243d12d.jpg

Ok, I thought I'd update with my experience of the facelift compact so far. This isn't a review of the system itself, just my experience of ordering, taking delivery and installing it. There's not much info on the web (or on the window cleaning warehouse website) so hopefully this will help someone out.

I placed my order late last Thursday on the WCW website. I ordered the 325 litre delivery model (no DI vessel). I paid an extra £250 for a power reel. Total cost was £1254 including vat. It was advertised on the website with free next day delivery.

The following day (Friday) I rang WCW to confirm the order and to check that I should expect delivery on Monday. I didn't think they'd deliver on a Saturday but thought it best to check. The woman on the phone told me it would be Monday.

Later that day I received a call from WCW thanking me for the order and informing me that I should expect delivery on Thursday. I pointed out that it said free next day delivery and they told me they needed to change that on the website. A bit annoying but not the end of the world.

Thursday (yesterday) came round and I hadn't received an email letting me know if it was going to be delivered. My wife was home for the first part of the morning but had to go out late morning so I made sure I was home in time in case it was delivered. It turned up about 2pm which was good.

It arrived on a pallet and was wrapped reasonably well. The side of the reel has a couple of scuffs on it where I guess something had rubbed against it in transit and there are a few scrapes and gouges on the tank. It was bolted to the pallet using the same fittings that you use to install it in your van. I had to figure that out myself as there is no instructions or paper work.

Installing it was straightforward. You use the eight supplied bolts and four brackets to secure it to the floor of your van. It seems like it's not going to go anywhere but I'm going to use ratchet straps as an extra precaution.

This is the bit I'm not happy about. Once I was done I drove my van up the road to pick something up. About 500m from my house there was an almighty noise from the back of the van. It took me a second to realise that the hose reel had turned itself on. I shat myself and pulled over in a garage block. The only way I could stop the hose reel was by disconnecting the battery. Where the end stop fitting on the end of the hose had repeatedly hit the lid of the tank it has caused damage to the lid as well as the end stop fitting. I've spoken to WCW and they're going to send out replacement parts today. I guessed it may have been a loose connection that caused the problem so I opened the switch box up and there was a wire that wasn't connected. I've connected it all up and it seems to be working ok.

That's it so far. I've not had a chance to even use it yet as I need the replacement lid before I can fill it and I didn't have a spare rectus fitting for the end of the hose so I ordered a couple last night.

I'll update when the replacement parts arrive and I've actually tried it out.

26c634845b013a7d1aeda2b2036faa1e.jpg

9480b4224b10f3973e4650ff60c5feb8.jpg

2308f75c024b3e6b8ca74253c56ad2d2.jpg

65daac3af2c7dc385afc24ad12827071.jpg
c53983e4e3b5d5c79f0066c1506c7168.jpg
4612a6cee36f637bbbaa725a1820f899.jpg

Adams0211, over a year on what is your real life experience with this system now, do you recommend it? And is the tank 1.2meters in length as advertised? And I bet you crapped yourself when that power reel went off on one, excellent write up so far on this system from Facelift! 

I like the look of this system myself and with everything all neat and tidy that ticks allot of boxes for me too! 

Be interesting to hear how the facelift system has been going? After a lot of searching, quotes and recommendations I chose to get my system from the cleaning warehouse Mr greens favourite place! I decided as I'm not technically gifted in anyway lol to pay for having the system installed by them. Only had it a few weeks but so far been very impressed. The staff who quoted me and out it all together really knew there stuff, the technician on the day of fitting was a great guy and couldn't do enough to answer my questions and the system Is doing all I need so big thumbs up for them so far

Brilliant little system everything works as it should perfectly no complaints,  I have the manual reel Which is good quality would prefer the electric reel to be honest great system for a one man band and would recommend,  I will be upgrading soon as my round is forever expanding and now need a two man system.

Another system that's on my radar that looks better built and is a 350 system is the Xline 350 DIY. I know Xlines customer care ain't hot but there gear seems to be very well made and they use quality components. Anyone got any experience with the Xline system? 

I know nothing about the xline system,  If it's just a delivery system your after the compact is excellent quality, why pay lots more when there is no need too.

For a delivery only system i bought a second hand baffled tank for a few quid, claber reel from Gardiners for 40 odd quid, sureflow pump and controller £150, old battery from a van which works perfectly and only gets charged once a week although i have a second in the van as a backup for the odd occasion i think i need to change it, 100m microbore and a few assorted fittings to connect it all up

The whole lot weighs in at under £300 and works just as well as a shop bought system

I know some guys are not diy minded but anyone can screw a pump to a piece of wood with 4 self tappers and wrap a bit of ptfe tape round some screw threads to attatch hoses to the pump

Pump etc comes with wiring and connections which just need clicking together

Did mine in under an hour on the driveway

The money saved can buy decent pole and brushes etc

Thanks for the feedback! After careful consideration and weighing it all up I'm going to put together my own system now ! 

Latest Posts

Back