Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Opinions on this gutter clearance please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gutters are like windows up here, if there's no conny you'll probably end up walking away or it being an average job. With conny's the ladder users can't do them very easily and you should be able to get better prices.
I charge £60-80 for what someone will charge £30/£40 for lol

My gutter clearance service is the most popular seller , so happy i started offering the service 

I charge £60-80 for what someone will charge £30/£40 for lol

My gutter clearance service is the most popular seller , so happy i started offering the service 
What would you have charged for the job above, knowing how tricky they were? it was about 30 meters roughly in total, of which 11 meters on ground floor. Also do you offer video or photo evidence? Or do you get asked for it? 

What would you have charged for the job above, knowing how tricky they were? it was about 30 meters roughly in total, of which 11 meters on ground floor. Also do you offer video or photo evidence? Or do you get asked for it? 
Big house like i would of quoted £80-£100 and been done in less than 1 hour , i would of had the right tools to get in the tight gap between the tile and the gutter edge , id also have a gardiners pole with a gutter end on it so anything not coming out or is tough i would loosen ot with the gutter end on my gardiners pole

i use a 3600 GVS  predator which helps and i used to use a camera but u dont need a camera because u can feel it by sliding the gutter vac pole across , its obvious if theres dirt in there or not

Customers dont ask for no videos , i just opem my guttee wastage area open and show them all the **** i sucked up and they be amazed ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Big house like i would of quoted £80-£100 and been done in less than 1 hour , i would of had the right tools to get in the tight gap between the tile and the gutter edge , id also have a gardiners pole with a gutter end on it so anything not coming out or is tough i would loosen ot with the gutter end on my gardiners pole

i use a 3600 GVS  predator which helps and i used to use a camera but u dont need a camera because u can feel it by sliding the gutter vac pole across , its obvious if theres dirt in there or not

Customers dont ask for no videos , i just opem my guttee wastage area open and show them all the **** i sucked up and they be amazed ?
Less than an hour?? Fair play dude. I need to speed up by the sounds of it ???

How long have you been doing this type of work? I've been doing it for 8 years and it sounds like you're quicker and better then me ?

How long have you been doing this type of work? I've been doing it for 8 years and it sounds like you're quicker and better then me ?
To be honest im not being big headed or nothing but if u seen me work and seen my window cleaning skills with a pole an my hose managemen skills ud be amazed, with the gutter vac system, its not rocket science, if you got a good pair of shoulders that are in fit good condition u can do jobs fast in this game...... but u also got to be fit and be well on your feet, im one of them ones that if i see a locked gate and  it needs jumping over... i would get over there like a rat with ease.. hope that makes sense of what type of grafter i am ? if one of my employees done that job it may of took him 1 hour and 20 minutes..... everyones different ? 

In April I'm doing nearly 2 miles of guttering, in less then 2 days. This will include sections that are full, narrow gaps and locked gates. There's a world of difference in running round a house in less then an hour and doing 30 houses in a day. When you've done the latter you'll know if your shoulders are strong enough.

In April I'm doing nearly 2 miles of guttering, in less then 2 days. This will include sections that are full, narrow gaps and locked gates. There's a world of difference in running round a house in less then an hour and doing 30 houses in a day. When you've done the latter you'll know if your shoulders are strong enough.
I dont mind narrow gutters or wider gutters, some houses can be tough and some can be easy. Overall its not to bad ? 

30 gutters a day ? ? thats impossible lmaooooo u can do about 8 jobs on a good day ? thats on a 8 hour shift - 1 house average per hour and thats no rush etc nice easy pace and a few little mini breaks with a few phone calls inbetween ?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont mind narrow gutters or wider gutters, some houses can be tough and some can be easy. Overall its not to bad ? 

30 gutters a day ? ? thats impossible lmaooooo u can do about 8 jobs on a good day ? thats on a 8 hour shift - 1 house average per hour and thats no rush etc nice easy pace and a few little mini breaks with a few phone calls inbetween ?  
I do 32 and a half blocks, equivalent of 65 semi detached houses,in less than 2 days. Each block is a 2 4 bed semis converted into 4 flats. There is a full street of them and on the first day we do 18 blocks.

We don't have nice little breaks and phone calls are made when we're moving the equipment. As I said, when you've done it you'll know if your fit and strong enough.

To be honest im not being big headed or nothing but if u seen me work and seen my window cleaning skills with a pole an my hose managemen skills ud be amazed, with the gutter vac system, its not rocket science, if you got a good pair of shoulders that are in fit good condition u can do jobs fast in this game...... but u also got to be fit and be well on your feet, im one of them ones that if i see a locked gate and  it needs jumping over... i would get over there like a rat with ease.. hope that makes sense of what type of grafter i am ? if one of my employees done that job it may of took him 1 hour and 20 minutes..... everyones different ? 
Nah you don't sound big headed at all 

Latest Posts

Back