Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Its.....sixty quids....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I

Nice. Porcupine must be a great product, look forward to trying it on my neglected panes
Porcupine is very good for first cleans but for windows which are done more often I prefer standard sleeve as you do not need to put soap on it so often

On a side note, did you make a a sling to carry your Harris/pro gutter pole smurf? I thoug I'd make one with an old nylon guitar strap.
Will check out the porcupine
For gutter poles and wfp I made a kind of hanging metal straps fixed to the walls so I can put them on top.I also made stops so they stay in place,that way they dry quickier and do not take floor space in my van.

I just got the porcupine for now, and another £80 of stuff. I'm sure I'll have to do another order soon anyway.

With the pole straps, I was thinking more about a carry sling to safely get the pole to the top of the ladder rather than van store issue

Loads of goodies davey /emoticons/smile.png

The 30 Unger ergo tec handle

12 inch steel channel and five Unger soft rubber

Porcupine and ergo tec t bar

Ninja boab

Unger belt with pouch and bottle holder

Extension piece

Scraper

Opti loc 3m pole

Came to about one twenty

The pole was a mistake I thought I'd cancelled it :-(. I've already got three Harris poles

The optiloc pole is good with unger handles due to the clip to hold them on

Especially if you start using the 0° for awkward windows

Allows you to fan easier by twisting the pole to help turn the squeegee

Is it the black 2 pocket pouch with the velcro pocket on the front?

Has a handy velcro loop on the front that an extra squeegee handle fits in

Yeah that pouch. I'm wary how fast my budget is disappearing. I guess trad tools are indispensable, I was going to wait til I'd built the wfp system but from the forum I realise trad gear is always needed anyway and the wfp could take months to build if I don't find the time and it doesn't go smoothly

How's the Roland Dave? Been making any music? I bought a Telecaster a month or so ago in a great deal I couldn't turn down and still haven't found time to play it more than ten minutes. Sometimes life feels like it's work til 70 then do fun stuff :-(

I had a play with it all for a few days and now back in the loft

Bleedin women

Might put it all up for sale

The 1210s and vinyl are here to stay though

Was looking at what my stuff it worth the other day and have a little fortune here

Was thinking of buying and selling again as that's how i got most of it

Boot sales etc are surprisingly good places to come across what some people thinks ****

I'd love to find a Roland or any early gear like that. I'm lucky I've got a massive tall half converted loft with velux windows, just needs a rad and power points and I can make it my den, already got dart board and score case ready, just need an armchair and mini fridge, my hi fi setup... I will be very happy left alone up there. Wife says will be my eldests bedroom one day but I think they can all share. A room, maybe my wife can share with em too

I wanted it all in the spare room but my niece is moving back in next month for 4 or 5 months while she saves a deposit for a mortgage

I am definitely considering selling and doing a bit of wheeling and dealing as i know enough about it to know what i am selling and what is a bargain

Extreme stuff. I bought a wave station vector synth a few years ago for about forty quid, thousands back in the day. Funny how some stuff that was thousands is now a few bob, and some cheaters but rarer stuff is trust fund bounty. A lot of my fave artists built up their collections as they went along, and depending what they had, they made certain music. It's such an interesting thing to do. But I struggled a bit with the technical side, midi etc, I just multi track and live take, then mix and edit, and that has massive limits with electro music it sounds a bit 'dead' after I'd say

I just got the porcupine for now, and another £80 of stuff. I'm sure I'll have to do another order soon anyway.
With the pole straps, I was thinking more about a carry sling to safely get the pole to the top of the ladder rather than van store issue
what do you mean by:'get the pole to the top of the ladder' why you want take them up?

It's not that hard with the old stuff

You use the ms100 or the drum synth (909) or similar to sync the rest

No computers needed

As long as they are all connected properly the 1 bit of kit times the rest and you just have a play around

I have a soundcraft notepad mixer which is newish and small but does the job and bob's your uncle

The pro gutter is used laterally from the top of the ladder? So it's quite an awkward tool to get up there

[media]

[/media]

I usually get all my stuff played to a reasonable sync then do 90% of the work post recording, it's only a hassle if there's difficult parts that I can't break down, so,etimes it works really well. But im sure if I had the time I'd have got some better methods and maybe even got something like this...

[media]

[/media]Nah ;-)

When clearing gutters by pole with a pro gutter tool on the end sometimes rather than carrying up the ladder I tend to full extend the pole first and rest it on the ladder hooked over a rung so the pole won't go anyware. Then I climb the ladder as normal and pull the pole up afterwards. Mind you I use an ankalad & microlite standoff on the roof tiles which makes it a very stable ladder platform to work from.

That's lateral thinking, and working ;-). A stray gust of wind, a zephyr from Coventry or sirocco from Devon perhaps, may knock it onto your head though? Will let you know how I get on building the 'gutter sling' ;-)

Here is an example of what I mean as the progutter tool is hooked over the rung

View attachment 3600

I tend not to use harris poles now as I find my old wfp is longer and the clamps are quicker and easier to use.

Latest Posts

Back