Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Its.....sixty quids....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just looking at the neighbours house, I'm thinking, I don't really want to trad the first floor windows they are so hard to access safely. I need to make a wfp kit asap.

On a side note, did you make a a sling to carry your Harris/pro gutter pole smurf? I thoug I'd make one with an old nylon guitar strap.

Will check out the porcupine

Just looking at the neighbours house, I'm thinking, I don't really want to trad the first floor windows they are so hard to access safely. I need to make a wfp kit asap.
Or use extension pole and 0° squeegee

Isn't is hard to do a polished job though by pole, Without eons of practice?

Will order the pork over the 50th then and suffer the loss of another £5 ;-)

I am in the process of building a backpack/trolley for the fascia and full pvc cladding jobs i have just got

Don't need pure for that

Isn't is hard to do a polished job though by pole, Without eons of practice?
Will order the pork over the 50th then and suffer the loss of another £5 ;-)
Not for over connys obstacles etc but hard from ground level

just made out the following...I dont get many like this and I am not to keen on work....:rolleyes:

1) Gutter clearout full house and also clear and check all downspouts. Price £60.oo (this may involve some dismantling and rebuilding of downspouts..)

2) Exterior gutter and facia and soffit board all around the house full clean down using virisol to remove built up grime and algae to include some removal by hand. Price £60.00

3) Front and side of house full washdown of all cladding.This will require some hand removal with magic sponges of built up lines of black grime and dirt. Price £60.00

4)Removal of all ivy from roof to ground on front side elevation. Price £60.00

5) First clean of all exterior windows / doors and removal of ingrained dirt. £25.00 normal clean price £10.00.

(Please note the outside kitchen tap is currently switched off inside and will be needed for all works and preferably a power outlet would help.)The above jobs could be done over time with only the gutter clearout an emergency matter.

Money could be saved by only having the ivy cut down to half way (half price) and kept under control in future.Also.....the same applies to the gutter facia soffit washdown if only the front was done the back could be done later.

A WHOLE job discount of £20.00 applies if all work is carried out.

maybe I should have priced the windows at sixty too!

I will let you know how many sixtys I get....its....one hundred and eighty...maybe...more..../emoticons/biggrin.png..
cheapncheerful what ratio of virosol do you use and how do you apply it?

I am in the process of building a backpack/trolley for the fascia and full pvc cladding jobs i have just gotDon't need pure for that
Yeah I'm looking forward to building something too, if only for standard water for now. I seriously need to buy a shed asap as at the moment storeage is a hassle

er.frank says...I just lobb a bit in a bucket and dilute and bang the brush in...its all very scientific I ALWAYS read instructions:rolleyes:

its probs a cap full to a bucket full..and get scrubbing...

I used to use fairy and that was good and flash..sometimes...I just lobb the lot in....:eek:

so I would just soak the brush and rub it in and wait a small while and then scrub off and rinse away,usually by the time you have done say the front you can just go back and start to scrubb and rinse off the first one...I get a bit scared cause da smufy tells me I will turn the frames orange if I leave it too long...

one thing I will say about virisol is its far stronger than it looks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Frank, yeah I've heard the same so been asking around what dilution rate people use. I have both ubik and virosol. Some people use virosol at 50/50 leave for 2 mins ruthenium scrub then leave for another few mins then rinse. I wouldn't be brave enough with that. Got a clean tomorrow so gonna try using virosol at 6 parts water 1 part virosol and see how I get on. From reading as long as you don't let it dry you should be ok. Cheers again

Thanks Frank, yeah I've heard the same so been asking around what dilution rate people use. I have both ubik and virosol. Some people use virosol at 50/50 leave for 2 mins ruthenium scrub then leave for another few mins then rinse. I wouldn't be brave enough with that. Got a clean tomorrow so gonna try using virosol at 6 parts water 1 part virosol and see how I get on. From reading as long as you don't let it dry you should be ok. Cheers again
I use virosol from time to time neat and it is fine

The renault master van I have now has a drop down ladder rack & also a drop down pipe box. The pipe box is big enough to store my guttervac poles in. Before that I had a berlingo van so the guttervac poles just about fitted inside the van but protruded into the cabin (passenger side). You will just have to work out the best way to store them safely in your van.

On a side note, did you make a a sling to carry your Harris/pro gutter pole smurf? I thoug I'd make one with an old nylon guitar strap.

Back