Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Our Biggest Week Ever!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tell me about it haha i feel like i've spent the start of my summer in sweden
Not rubbing it in but it was a beautiful sunny day today. Felt like I was in Ibiza, except all my custies were over the age of 50, so it was less 18-30s and more Saga.

I sometimes feel like i am turning into an OAP myself mate lol but my round is getting younger all the time now, used to be a lot more OAP'S

I sometimes feel like i am turning into an OAP myself mate lol but my round is getting younger all the time now, used to be a lot more OAP'S
I know that feeling well mate. Whenever I meet a pretty lass on the round she is almost young enough to be my daughter.

So tell me the risks then?!?!Because having chatted to a guy that fits them, he was pretty darn sure there was little to know risk with a properly installed solar panel set
you are advised against cleaning them in thunderstorms as you may be struck by lightning...:rofl:

to be fair to steve....someone has to offer these courses and ..you dont have to go on them and....that money is probably allowed against tax....

and...soon...some solar farm operators will ask you...can you show some certificate to say you are capable of cleaning them safely...

/emoticons/biggrin.png

mind you on daveyboys squeegee course you do get a nice curry and beer..../emoticons/biggrin.png

So tell me the risks then?!?!Because having chatted to a guy that fits them, he was pretty darn sure there was little to know risk with a properly installed solar panel set
You've answered your own question. The risk is electrocution from panels that are not installed properly. From the ground and 45ft away, how do you know if it's installed properly. Honestly, the course teaches you A LOT of useful info.

you are advised against cleaning them in thunderstorms as you may be struck by lightning...:rofl:
to be fair to steve....someone has to offer these courses and ..you dont have to go on them and....that money is probably allowed against tax....

and...soon...some solar farm operators will ask you...can you show some certificate to say you are capable of cleaning them safely...

/emoticons/biggrin.png

mind you on daveyboys squeegee course you do get a nice curry and beer..../emoticons/biggrin.png
Bang on @cheapncheerful

The asking for training has already begun too.

Hi steve, i'm based in stirling in central scotland
@kev we still have your area available if you wish to attend. We are currently tendering for a contract to clean 994 residential properties for a council not far from you. The jobs in Scotland will start to come in, I'm sure of it.

You've answered your own question. The risk is electrocution from panels that are not installed properly. From the ground and 45ft away, how do you know if it's installed properly. Honestly, the course teaches you A LOT of useful info.
Pay me £250 to do the course and I'll then make my mind up /emoticons/biggrin.png

@kev we still have your area available if you wish to attend. We are currently tendering for a contract to clean 994 residential properties for a council not far from you. The jobs in Scotland will start to come in, I'm sure of it.
I'm not sure if i can make it this time steve. Will there be more training days in the future?

I know that feeling well mate. Whenever I meet a pretty lass on the round she is almost young enough to be my daughter.
I meant with all the convo's with old people every day over the years you start to feel like one lol

I meant a swedish winter /emoticons/biggrin.png
I slept 8 hours... Zzzz

Do you get sunshine in Scotland? It is it just grey all the time /emoticons/tongue.png

This year it's been that bad i was considering selling up last week and going backpacking in australia for a year lol that was on the friday but thankfully i was back to my normal self by the monday

actually..er not that im an expert..steve may know more...but solar panels actually like bright light and not so much sunshine..

and scotland has had better summers than us for a few years now../emoticons/biggrin.png

me likes a balanced argument.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Cnc is right. It's Friday and I can't be arsed to explain but yes, Scandinavia benefits from PV because of the quality of light.

Back