owning up or not

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by norm, Feb 10, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. norm

norm Grand Master

placed a garden ornament on a seat and when i lifted the seat one of the robin red breasts didn't make :rolleyes: and sort off sepperated
    quickly placed it together so you couldn't tell it was eh altered and finished up
    Started feeling bad talking to custy so bit the bullet and mentioned what had happened
    turned out it had broke months earlier :whew:
    so does everyone own up or :lipssealed:

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Probably 50 /50 mate. Depends if I view it as their fault or not. If they leave things in stupid places then they deserve to get broken.

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

that's why i ALWAYS carry super glue. for garden ornaments,gutter brackets etc,:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I always have super glue on me too. You never know when it'll come in handy. I keep a bag in my van with me that's full of bits and pieces that I might need such as mini first aid kit, duct tape, multi tool, knife etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

5. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

broke a solar light thing in a garden one of the ones in the grass on the pole

wel snapped it with hose i looked round seen no one were about and i shoved it up my jumper and tucked the jumper in carried on cleaning and packed up finished drove away then wipped it out wen i knew i were clear lol

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I accidently squirted water through a bathroom window of a customer who stopped my services due to being 'skint' while I was working next door. Should I own up? Should I fcuk as like :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

Iv owned up to a few things , my dad's boss is a careless **** he broke a car mirror and tried to tape it up lol, done it not so long ago on 1 of them Fiat 500s and it was over 100 quid to fix, I was in that day working for him when he done it and he worked us like dogs to make up for it lol

8. TolishAPurd

I was cleaning a small bathroom window a few months back and it was slightly open. Without thinking I just pushed it closed. There was a massive ornament behind it and it just rocked back and forward for what felt like a minute. And then I heard the smash. She wasn't in so I could have upped sticks and left without her knowing I was there, but she's a nice lass so I text to own up. I was worried about the cost of the ornament, but more then that I wondered if it had broke the sink below it. Turned out to be pretty cheap so I threw in an inside clean on the next visit to make up for the mess she had to clean up.

9. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Good thread norm. I knocked over an ornamental cat thingy a couple of months ago, smashed to bits. So I told the old girl. She was fine as she is a lovely person.
    A couple of weeks later in walking past an ex customers house who elbowed me for a polish guy. Anyway low and behold he has a similar ornamental cat in his garden. Then a miracle happened, that cat appeared in the place of the broken one!
    God works in mysterious ways:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  10. TolishAPurd

Nothing short of genius.

Advertisement