Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

painting van floor

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mooghy

Hello, i am going to paint the back of van with procective paint, my questions is do i remove the fastenings that i use ratchet straps on and then use a temp bolt to fill the hole or just leave them in a paint around them? also i have a 3 pane van so 2 sliding doors they have plastic tred plats that go into the back, do i remove and paint under them then put back or do i use sealent around the plascits? and same where the head board is do i paint the gap or seal it? any help will be great thank you

Hello, i am going to paint the back of van with procective paint, my questions is do i remove the fastenings that i use ratchet straps on and then use a temp bolt to fill the hole or just leave them in a paint around them? also i have a 3 pane van so 2 sliding doors they have plastic tred plats that go into the back, do i remove and paint under them then put back or do i use sealent around the plascits? and same where the head board is do i paint the gap or seal it? any help will be great thank you
Personally, with the experience of doing 2 vans with Protectakote, I would pay someone the extra money to put a better, more wear resistant, cover on it.

What ever you use to coat it with I would remove the tie downs and use temp bolts, remove any plastic and paint those areas as well. Anywhere water can seep should ideally be painted to give it extra protection.

The answer to your question is you can do all or none of this. It comes down to how much of a good job you want.

I must echo Part Timers suggestion though. I've experience across a few vans now. I've used Protectakote and Raptor liner from a DIY point of view. Protectakote scratches away easily and is not durable. Raptor didn't take to the van bed. When I later wanted to change to a professional system (X Line and speed liner respectively) I was charged a premium both times to remove the mess that the DIY systems left behind. You'll be looking at circe £600-800 for a professional job.

Back