Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2kw immersion heater

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dr Von Samstein

Hi guys,

looking to put an immersion element in my 400 tank on a timer so it can kick in for a couple of hours in the morning and keep everything important toasty because everything is mounted on the Tank and nice to have some warm water to work. Decided the 3kw will be too much because it will be powered by an extension lead out of the upstairs window. Anyone know where I can get a 2kw element? And any advice on how/where to fit it? I was thinking as low down as I can reach but also thought in the lid may be a clever idea as it’s not a as invasive  to the tank and if not watertight it doesn’t matter.

The element will only heat the water from the level where it's fitted to the top. I fitted one in the top of my 400ltr tank some years ago and only the top 15 inches or so got hot. You can also only turn it on if the tank is full if it's fitted in the top.

Google heat rod shop, they will make you one to order, about £60 I think. then you want a mechanical flange from tool station to fit it. Drill with a hole cutter, drop the backnut in the tank screw the two parts of the mechanical flange together, screw in the immersion heater..

Latest Posts

Back