Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Peoples average Dailey takens and methods ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Then I won’t have to chase this 

View attachment 22973
IMO debt is just part and parcel of running a business....I'm owed anywhere between £500-£1500 at any one time....its only a handful who dont pay after 14 days of the clean so they usually get left until their next clean.....

It doesnt matter as I dont live hand to mouth anymore and have thousands in the bank anyway so dont need the money to come in fast....as long as it comes in eventually.thats what counts....in fact I see my debt list as money in the bank....

I never go collecting anymore....ever.....

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO debt is just part and parcel of running a business....I'm owed anywhere between £500-£1500 at any one time....its only a handful who dont pay after 14 days of the clean so they usually get left until their next clean.....

It doesnt matter as I dont live hand to mouth anymore and have thousands in the bank anyway so dont need the money to come in fast....as long as it comes in eventually.thats what counts....in fact I see my debt list as money in the bank....

I never go collecting anymore....ever.....
Suppose not a bad problem to have tbh 

how long have you been window cleaning mate 

I bought a 9 grand a month round and got eyes ripped out 

I paid 33 grand for it and it probablys only turns around 6500 that’s if the customers pay when they want to 

night mare 

Suppose not a bad problem to have tbh 

how long have you been window cleaning mate 

I bought a 9 grand a month round and got eyes ripped out 

I paid 33 grand for it and it probablys only turns around 6500 that’s if the customers pay when they want to 

night mare 
As a rough calculation you paid 5 x monthly turn over if Ime reading it right ? As for payment issues that’s up to you to lay your cards on the table with the customers, it’s always a risk buying a round and there will always be dross with the gold that needs culling and then continue building up the round .

As a rough calculation you paid 5 x monthly turn over if Ime reading it right ? As for payment issues that’s up to you to lay your cards on the table with the customers, it’s always a risk buying a round and there will always be dross with the gold that needs culling and then continue building up the round .
I paid around 3 as I bought a van and equipment etc etc but still 

so I’m just going around and filtering all the **** customers and removing  them 

people with the old rusty bikes and fridge freezers in the garden then you bulling your hose through long grass with dog **** all over !! No thanks 

I paid around 3 as I bought a van and equipment etc etc but still 

so I’m just going around and filtering all the **** customers and removing  them 

people with the old rusty bikes and fridge freezers in the garden then you bulling your hose through long grass with dog **** all over !! No thanks 
Oh dear , did you visit the jobs before purchasing the round ?

Some but not all 

but you live and learn put it this way I won’t be buying another round in a hurry!
Sad really I feel for you , but don’t tar all with the same brush , there are some right rip off merchants out there always try and do some research before buying work , I have never bought any but would always want to see all the jobs and randomly knock a few doors at the least to check what I was being told was true , some selling work will work it with you fir the first month this would stop the issues you have experienced 

Sad really I feel for you , but don’t tar all with the same brush , there are some right rip off merchants out there always try and do some research before buying work , I have never bought any but would always want to see all the jobs and randomly knock a few doors at the least to check what I was being told was true , some selling work will work it with you fir the first month this would stop the issues you have experienced 
Totally agree 

wish I new what I know now I wouldn’t of bothered but what is done is done 

Try and see the positive side, probably hard to do at the current moment. Most established windies started to pick up more work once they were busy. The more you're out and about the more you're seen and the more  referrals you'll get. 

An expensive lesson but not a total disaster. 
Very expensive lesson

wish I just put it in to advertising I’m trying not to Let it get at me as much if that makes sense 

Are there really any rounds out there for 9k per month? Even £6.5k per month seems high. 

Surely this is mostly commercial? Or do you have more than one van? 

No guarantee you'd have got anything from the advertising. Within the year you'll look back at this and say not as bad as it first looked.
Yeah, I agree with this. Advertising alone would not have given you an instant 6.5k per month. 

Highly possible 

all domestic and run 3 vans with 800l tanks
If you bought 3 fitted out vans and '£9K a month' but turned out to be more like £6K then is doesn't actually sound that bad a deal. i.e. 3 vans @ £5K each = £15K - £6K turnover x 4 = £24K so total £39K for £33K? 

It might be gutting but I am sure you can condense the work and improve the marketing and start replacing the naff custys.

Good luck and keep us up to date on how you are getting on. I am sure you will do well.

Highly possible 

all domestic and run 3 vans with 800l tanks
So if it takes £9000. You would have paid £27000 which is 3 times. Are you saying you got a vehicle thrown in, don’t quite follow. I guess some window cleaners persevere with odd bad payments and others don’t. We have bought rounds in the past never had any problems. In fact it got us straight into good work. But that was years ago, I guess some things change. You have got instant work, if you get bitter now you have paid you will be unhappy. Try and think about the good work, keep focused. Ditch the rubbish. I bet you will quickly pick up new customers in the areas. Let us know in six months how you have got on. Keep focused. All the best

Latest Posts

Back