Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pics of dispatch setup, new shape

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Like the pockets Winpro :thumbsup:. Do your DI's ever fall over, are they just held to the floor? How do you get on with the hose reel? Is the immersion heater worth doing, as in does it warm the water and stay warm. Where do you connect the power for the immersion? How is the tank held in place?

That's my 20 questions over /emoticons/biggrin.png

Like the pockets Winpro :thumbsup:. Do your DI's ever fall over, are they just held to the floor? How do you get on with the hose reel? Is the immersion heater worth doing, as in does it warm the water and stay warm. Where do you connect the power for the immersion? How is the tank held in place?
That's my 20 questions over /emoticons/biggrin.png
Crikey Tuftster../emoticons/biggrin.png

Di's don't fall over, held in place by three plastic pipe clips each.

Hose reel is held in place by two of the same clips above & I have it out of the van for each job.

The immersion for me has been priceless! It's quite an easy & cheap thing to do but MUST be done correctly with 16amp gear throughout!! On the other end of the cable is a 16amp plug (you can't see it in pic) but that plugs into a 16amp extension cable which then plugs into a 16amp external socket on my house wall. This is then wired via a timer into the main consumer unit on it's own breaker. Water gets as hot as you want it, which is dependant on how long you have it powered up for. 4.5 hours is enough for me to have very warm water which stays warm all day, keeps van totally frost free overnight & keeps all hoses soft throughout the day.

Tank is held in place via fixed + wedged blocks of timber i.e. they can't physically move, then straps to standard lashing points. There are no straps in place at the mo' as I've not got round to putting them back in since modifying new tank! The tank doesn't move a mm without them either!:eek:/emoticons/biggrin.png

I think I'll def the immersion heater :confused:. Just ordered some of those pockets :thumbsup:
The pockets are long & narrow so at the back side of the van I have two side by side & cut to length. If you look at the bulkhead I have the remainder of what I cut off these two- one on each left & right side./emoticons/wink.png

I ran a Kangoo for 6 years with 400ltrs./emoticons/smile.png
I have been looking for a van for so long...im now thinking about keeping the same size and seeing what the payload is on them...

I have been looking for a van for so long...im now thinking about keeping the same size and seeing what the payload is on them...
I ran the Kangoo for 6 years then bought a Fiat Doblo- brilliant van the Doblo but got to the stage where 400ltrs just wasn't enough & was becoming a limiting factor. Looked for a Dispatch for about 4 months & dropped on the bargain of the century! After over 4 years of trouble free motoring with the Doblo I only lost £1750 on it's purchase price for what I sold it for!/emoticons/biggrin.png AND I gave it away cheap to a friend at that!!

Back