Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Please help...How much should I expect to pay on a water meter?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Noel

Www.ascotwindowcleaners.com
I currently fill up at a relatives home, she's not on a meter so it's ideal.

I'm looking to move into a place with an outdoor tap so I can fill up from home.

Most places I've looked at all have water meters.

How much should I expect to pay on a water meter? Approximately 1000l of pure a week.

Phone the water company and tell them that you take water away from the house, and that you are going to fit a sub meter and give them a reading from that sub meter every 2-3 months. That way you will get a discount because most of your bill is for waste water. I get through about 5000L of water a week (some of that is waste from the ro) and I pay about £65 a month, and I have a family of 5.

talking of water i,m using RO from purefreedom producing 1000l per day but i bet double is waste always been the same

i would say 80% waste to 20% pure just the thought of all that water going down the drain

Tell them to take out the meter and put you on average rates. ??
Hello green .

I'm with Yorkshire water (meter) TDS around 70 .

I didn't know it was possible to have the meter taken out and put on water rates ?

The house was metered when I bought it new .

I harvest rain water TDS between 12 to 14 straight through DI vessel into 25 litre containers , no shortage of rain up here at moment but it might be different in the summer, I will get in touch with the water company and see if I'm allowed swap over , it might be interesting to see what they come back with.

Cheers mate .

Glenn.

You can't
Are you sure? Have you asked?

Reason I suggest it is when I bought my house it had both a gas meter and electricity meter installed smack bang in the front room (I live in a terrace where you walk straight into my front room) and I didn't consider them to be wonderfully decorative.

Both of these meters were pay as you go types with keys you charge up at the shop.

I contacted the gas and electric suppliers and arranged to move them both to a box I had built in the back yard (not a cheap exercise) and I had both 'key meters' removed and switched to non 'key metered' meters which I was able to do as I had no debt with either company.

My logical thinking is if you can remove other meters then why not a water meter?

Of course you could transfer the water bill to your trading name eg: Joe Bloggs T/As Glass Shiners and let the water board know your consumption is for business use at which point you will get different rates.

Also if registered for business use most water companies have different usage rules in the event of a hosepipe ban.

With your gas and electric you are still being charged for the amount your using, all they done is changed the meter to a different type of meter, you can't just get one removed altogether. As for a hose pipe ban, thAt only affects domestic use unless it's a very severe drought then it affects domestic and business.

Because with gas and electricity you pay for what you use. If water isn't metered you could leave the tap on full blast all day and not pay for what you've used.

Because with gas and electricity you pay for what you use. If water isn't metered you could leave the tap on full blast all day and not pay for what you've used.
No point in ringing the water board then about a swap over , sounds like a big no no .

Cheers guys .

Glenn .

Back