Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole hose recommendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ocahan01

Looking for recommendations for a strong durable pole hose . I use the ova 8 and the blue hose it came with but truth be told it’s absolute garbage . Splits and gets punctured very easily if your dragging it about . 
I have seen that ova 8 poles now come with the purple flex 5 hose. Has anybody got any experience with this hose or any other durable hose. 

Looking for recommendations for a strong durable pole hose . I use the ova 8 and the blue hose it came with but truth be told it’s absolute garbage . Splits and gets punctured very easily if your dragging it about . 
I have seen that ova 8 poles now come with the purple flex 5 hose. Has anybody got any experience with this hose or any other durable hose. 
I've used blue OVA8 pole hose for a quite a while but I never drag it and always lift it. I also have Unger 2 ply yellow which I've had for years with no issues.

I've used blue OVA8 pole hose for a quite a while but I never drag it and always lift it. I also have Unger 2 ply yellow which I've had for years with no issues.
I do try my best not to drag the hose but sometimes it becomes unavoidable when your extending your pole etc. I’ve found that especially on loose rough gravel that it can puncture quite easily . The blue is also very prone to kinking. 
I think the fact that ova 8 don’t sell it anymore speaks volumes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gardiners green Pu awesome stuff you won’t puncture that in a hurry ????

The Gardiner PU is good and robust but it has a mind of it's own. I have tried running hot water through it and pulling it straight then cold water and while that improved it a bit it still like to be coiled in a certain way. I did same thing on 3 pieces of 10m PU pole hose and 2 of them are still a pain the other is much better. Maybe I need to give them another heat cycle and see if that helps. 

That said I do only use cold water to work with, running hot through them was Austin's idea to try and remove their 'memory' from the original coil.

I've never come across a pole hose that was so bad that it punctured, wow!

The best pole hose I have used is the Ionics but it is probably a bit heavier than some.

Currently I am using the Gardiners all season, I am a bit underwhelmed with it and planning to put it through a heat cycle to see if it can be improved.

The best pole hose I have used is the Ionics but it is probably a bit heavier than some.

Currently I am using the Gardiners all season, I am a bit underwhelmed with it and planning to put it through a heat cycle to see if it can be improved.
The green pu is much better hose 

I have the green pu hose.I use cold water and i'm not a fan of this hose it has a high memory rating and coils up like anything.

I've just bought some Gardiners reinforced should come Friday to try that again.

Haven't found a Gardiners pole hose I really like yet.

I got Gardiner reinforced & so far it's been brought brilliant.

Just make sure you disconnect it from hose reel every few jobs & it can stop it from trying to kink

Mines has punctured at least 4 or 5 times since April . It’s an easy fix to cut it reconnect it but I’d rather not . 
To be fair I could probably be more careful but when your working fast these things can happen . It’s always been on gravel or loose tarmac . 

Mines has punctured at least 4 or 5 times since April . It’s an easy fix to cut it reconnect it but I’d rather not . 
To be fair I could probably be more careful but when your working fast these things can happen . It’s always been on gravel or loose tarmac . 
I stand on my PU pole hose and so far it's fine. I never even gave it a thought as to puncturing. While the Gardiners PU hose has a very strong memory it does seem very tough. I think, for me the choice between getting punctures and having to stop and fix them vs untangling a bit now and again I would still pick the PU hose.

Very strange I have never punctured any pole hose in 18 years wfp 

Hi, yes I agree, the blue hose splits very easily. However, I would prefer the blue hose to the purple hose any day. The purple hose may be strong but it streches too much to use with a Univalve, plus it is hard to coil as it goes any way it wants too. I'm looking for an alternative to the purple hose... Hope that helps.

Back