Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pole only no clamps

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Can't think of a reason why you would want this, lol. Still, if they don't, you can buy the pole and take the clamps off. With a good bit of battering they will come off, or you can hacksaw just behind the clamps.

Really want to know what you're thinking! :ROFLMAO:

@spruce Sounds like a good idea. I am not really a fan of glued on clamps. If I wasn't scared of wrecking the pole I would fit phantom clamps or similar to mine.
I think the issue with loose clamps is letting the pole sections collapse fast, bashing the clamp below. I honestly can't remember when I last had to glue a clamp back into place.

I really like the idea of the poster who fitted rubber O Rings over the clamp end of each section to act as a cushion. I'm going to do that when I next strip my pole down.

Quite a few people don't think the Gardiner clamps are as good as they used to be and are fitting others on them, they do however prefer the Gardiner poles still
Iโ€™ve found that but as long as you replace the shimmy before it starts wearing the clamp itโ€™s self more often than not the clamps will outlast the pole. Over tightening is a big issue that causes excess wear, a lad who used to work for me used to do that even though I showed him why not to. He eventually sheared the nut straight through the clamp๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ก

I think the issue with loose clamps is letting the pole sections collapse fast, bashing the clamp below. I honestly can't remember when I last had to glue a clamp back into place.

I really like the idea of the poster who fitted rubber O Rings over the clamp end of each section to act as a cushion. I'm going to do that when I next strip my pole down.
@spruce that's what I do mate. Have a rubber washer/ring around the bottom of each clamp. Stops them bashing together. It was a tip on a squeaky clean dave video I think.

Spot on, Iโ€™ve been using gardiners poles for around 10 years now and Iโ€™ve never had a clamp come loose. Look after your equipment and it will look after you.

@spruce that's what I do mate. Have a rubber washer/ring around the bottom of each clamp. Stops them bashing together. It was a tip on a squeaky clean dave video I think.
You shouldnโ€™t really be letting the pole collapse on its self to the point where it needs a cushion. I always overlap the hand I have over the open clamp onto the section above thus being able to control the speed at which the section collapses. After working with them day in and day out for so long you get a sixth sense as to how each of your sections behave and can react accordingly.

Iโ€™ve found that but as long as you replace the shimmy before it starts wearing the clamp itโ€™s self more often than not the clamps will outlast the pole. Over tightening is a big issue that causes excess wear, a lad who used to work for me used to do that even though I showed him why not to. He eventually sheared the nut straight through the clamp๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ก
We find that certain sections spin from new, they work loose on their own.

You shouldnโ€™t really be letting the pole collapse on its self to the point where it needs a cushion. I always overlap the hand I have over the open clamp onto the section above thus being able to control the speed at which the section collapses. After working with them day in and day out for so long you get a sixth sense as to how each of your sections behave and can react accordingly.
I don't. It's only if I'm trying to close the pole when I'm up an alley at the side of a house or something. Occasionally it will slide/drop quickly. I just wanted to prolong the clamps and the rubber ring washers were in a local DIY shop really cheap so I thought why not put them on the pole. I like making little adjustments to help make equipment last longer - I use an SLX but I replaced the end cap with the phantom/phoenix end cap which has little notches/feet sticking downwards so if you need to stand the pole at any point or anything it doesn't squash the pole hose. It's also a snugger fit than the gardiner end cap as I've found the gardiner one sometimes slides off. I was going to put a small wrap of tape around the end of the pole, but as I use an extension sometimes it can make the extension a bit tricky to slide on.

I agree. I view this as adding another layer of protection.

Latest Posts

Back