Portable backpack or fitted tank

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Scribbo, Feb 13, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Scribbo

Scribbo Newcomer

Evening all , I have a dilemma that I'd like your thoughts on. I currently work with my gardiner backpack and pole , and fill up my 4x25 litre barrels and go off to work.
    It's getting a bit laborious doing this and I'm toying with the idea of putting a tank in the back of my van and making life easier , but I'm not sure if it'll be cost effective , in fact I dint even know what it would cost lol
    Any thoughts ??

Advertisement
  2. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

if you can, filling to the van mounted tank is Much easier than carrying water IMO, the costs will vary a lot with your set up and situation, RO Di ? Type of van, type of bulkhead, size of tank, proximity of van to tap, storage space, finances

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Are you wanting a van mounted setup, tank, pumps, controllers, reels etc or are you just wanting a large tank to fill your pack from so you aren't filling barrels all day?

4. Scribbo

Scribbo Newcomer

The full van set up really , so I don't have to lug my barrels around anymore , but it would come down to cost

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

This is the thing I thought about when I started , shall I get a small van? Shall I use a trolley with barrels? In the end I went with a big van 500lt tank pumps controllers 2 di vessels in the van ro system on the van. I'm glad I did because work has picked up in the last 4 years and I would've only had to spend more doing it later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Are you doing a mix of trad and WFP as I see you're only using 100 litres a day.

7. David K

David K Forum Addict

Actually im running a 350 liter van Mount , but Been considering getting a backpack as a backup , we all Got custys with difficult acces areas . As i Can calculate you Got bout 10 min . Effective run in most backpacks . Would definetly cover my odd jobs .
    For full time work ! ? NO WAY !!! o_O

8. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

No window cleaner ever regrets fitting a van mounted system. It makes life so much easier

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If you wanted you could fit a big tank with bilge pump
    Put backpack on floor
    Stick hose in it
    Flick switch on
    Backpack full in seconds
    Depends if you want a full system or not

10. simon

simon Guru

i went from an estate car & backpack to a van with a 350 tank a 1" outlet which fills my backpack in 20 secs
    did that for 3 years & last year fitted a reel & pump box
    soo much easier & quicker
    my lad uses the backpack all day no problem still but when we swap for a bit i'm amazed at how hard it is lol

Advertisement