Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

postage rip off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Crazy, exact same poles, price and everything. Obviously they feel they can't get away with it or compete on ebay with postage. And that they make a profit without it. What a con. We should all boycott unfair delivery prices on windie stuff.
Ok your start mr bump :rofl:/emoticons/biggrin.png;)

But yeah it is ridiculous!

Boycott no but refuse to use yes bumpy.

As I said before if you aren't happy with a deal then dot buy from them.

We are now in an age where it is rare that any one supplier happens to be the only show in town so loom around.

Before someone says oh yes but Gardiners blah blah blah I happen to know for fact that 3 UK sellers have their poles made in the same factory so if you are diligent you will find the deal to suit you.

I still find it amusing that so many think a supplier should not be in it for profits!

We are now in an age where it is rare that any one supplier happens to be the only show in town so loom around.

Before someone says oh yes but Gardiners blah blah blah I happen to know for fact that 3 UK sellers have their poles made in the same factory so if you are diligent you will find the deal to suit you.

I still find it amusing that so many think a supplier should not be in it for profits!
As I said @Green, poles are a rip off, a major rip off, but although other companies get there poles made in the same factory (if that's really true?) they obviously have different carbon layers, otherwise the poles would all look and feel the same... If there were 'Gardiner' poles bit for cheaper under a different brand name, then we would all flock to them...

As I said @Green, poles are a rip off, a major rip off, but although other companies get there poles made in the same factory (if that's really true?) they obviously have different carbon layers, otherwise the poles would all look and feel the same... If there were 'Gardiner' poles bit for cheaper under a different brand name, then we would all flock to them...

Why do you think we don't want suppliers to be in it for profit? That's not at all what anyone is saying, were simply saying postage is too high?!?! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Why do you think we don't want suppliers to be in it for profit? That's not at all what anyone is saying, were simply saying postage is too high?!?! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Of coure suppliers need to make profits Green, and we all know they make good profits. Its the back handed way they go about it by using postage as a sneaky way of making an extra couple of quid out of us under the guise of postage. Feels like you are being conned when postage is bumped up. The tuffers poles example above is a great one!

:clap:

I haven't bought them green, I'm just agreeing with @Poles Apart
That is a huge postage cost for such a small item, I buy things all the time off eBay etc, and postage is usually 1-2 quid max for small light items like that,

It's just another way to make a bit more money, there is no way postage costs a fiver, there adding money on, that's just how it is, but still, it's not right...
Nice one Jake you nailed it there

There's profit and there's extortion:666:

Back