Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power up hd voltage

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TWC

Got a power up he reel from waterworks and it seems to be using too much power. I’ve got v16 controllers and notice when I’m reeling in the battery goes from 12.7 down to sometimes as low as 11.5. Compared to my 3D reel which maybe drops to 12.5. I have phoned waterworks and they simply said it’s got a bigger motor hence more of a drop but think it’s more than that. 
The reel is 4years old so thinking the motor has an issue. It’s already killed one leisure battery before I realised the issue and don’t want to damage another one. 
if anyone can tell me the voltage read on there system with an hd when reeling in I’d appreciate it

thanks 

Got a power up he reel from waterworks and it seems to be using too much power. I’ve got v16 controllers and notice when I’m reeling in the battery goes from 12.7 down to sometimes as low as 11.5. Compared to my 3D reel which maybe drops to 12.5. I have phoned waterworks and they simply said it’s got a bigger motor hence more of a drop but think it’s more than that. 
The reel is 4years old so thinking the motor has an issue. It’s already killed one leisure battery before I realised the issue and don’t want to damage another one. 
if anyone can tell me the voltage read on there system with an hd when reeling in I’d appreciate it

thanks 
If they are using a bigger motor which means more current drain and a slightly higher torque range you will dramatically lose battery capacity

my advice would be to add another battery in parallel and increase your capacity to avoid draining one battery down which will in turn have a knock on effect with your system performance and flow controller 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a dodgy battery
The battery is brand new and when I reel in on the 3D reel the controller only drops from 12.7 to 12.5 so the problems with the hd reel. I’m probably going to order a new motor but thought I’d check on here first. I’m not the best with electrical knowledge 

The battery is brand new and when I reel in on the 3D reel the controller only drops from 12.7 to 12.5 so the problems with the hd reel. I’m probably going to order a new motor but thought I’d check on here first. I’m not the best with electrical knowledge 
Before you do that make sure the reel spins freely. Lube up the chain if it has one. Then see how a fully charged battery is responding. Any tightness in rotating the reel will pull more current. 

Before you do that make sure the reel spins freely. Lube up the chain if it has one. Then see how a fully charged battery is responding. Any tightness in rotating the reel will pull more current. 
And check the motor data plate for operational data ie current and voltage range 

You need a starter/combination leisure battery when using an electric reel ideally...also what size is it?and do you have a split charge relay fitted too?

You really dont need a new motor...its a battery,electrical or torque issue

Latest Posts

Back