Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

PowerUp 3D reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spartan

Reel is 24 hours old, fitted yesterday and used today.
Slight weep.
Any suggestions on how to fix?
I'm gonna contact Waterworks but if it's something simple and easy fix then I'd prefer to do it myself.

Last edited:
Not seen this happen before but if you take the c clip out of the centre carefully take the fitting apart and put a bit of silicone grease or Vaseline on the o ring it will normally stop this type of leak

Only had this happen on the Power up reel after 18 months of use the O ring became compressed this shouldn't be weeping now, @Pjj advice is a good shout,

Expect it to weep from the inside because the Jubilee clip they did fit is or was useless, I had to swap it out for an O ring, I purchased mine just over 12 months ago.

This was brand new just installed it swapped it out for the Hdreel got in touch with waterworks they sent me a new elbow which was fitted a couple of days later.
I my case I just installed the hdreel back for a couple of days. Get in touch with Jordan with the video I’m sure he will sort you out.
The above was probably caused by the o ring being nipped when assembled the reel couldn’t have been checked before leaving waterworks.

As it's not a bad leak I would just call the seller tomorrow and have a chat with them. I wouldn't take it apart as then they could say you caused any damage.

Reel is 24 hours old, fitted yesterday and used today.
Slight weep.
Any suggestions on how to fix?
I'm gonna contact Waterworks but if it's something simple and easy fix then I'd prefer to do it myself.

That rotary joint looks to be faulty best contact the seller that you purchased the item from

This was brand new just installed it swapped it out for the Hdreel got in touch with waterworks they sent me a new elbow which was fitted a couple of days later.
I my case I just installed the hdreel back for a couple of days. Get in touch with Jordan with the video I’m sure he will sort you out.
The above was probably caused by the o ring being nipped when assembled the reel couldn’t have been checked before leaving waterworks.

Contacted them and they're send some rubber o rings.
Bit nervous about doing it to be honest but don't really want to send the whole thing back as I've fitted it to the van floor and attached and fitted my hose onto the reel.
Do I need a special tool to remove the clip or just pliers?
I might try finding a video on YouTube that shows the procedure.
Cheers

Have they fixed the dodgy switch problems on these reels yet?and belts snapping?
I belive that the belts only snapped because people were abusing the reels, the belt driven one doesn't have the same torque as the older reels, I know some people that will just reel in even if they have resistance like drag across grass, I pull my hose in by hand as required so as not to strain the belt.

They've now switched back to a chain driven reel.

Have they fixed the dodgy switch problems on these reels yet?and belts snapping?

They don't have belts, they have chains.

The switch is all good.
My original one of 6 years the contacts stopped working but it has 2 buttons on the controller so just wired it into the blank one a d all works again, literally a 5 minute job

Back