Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

PPM Vs PPB

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BenW3

I was just browsing through some threads and came across a post about the behaviour of water that is 0parts per million. I have seen Ionics selling a system that produces pure water in the parts per billion range and was wondering if it really makes any difference considering the radical increase in price. I am really only asking out of curiosity. Sometimes things like this make a marginal difference, but sometimes that extra few zero decimal points can make a huge difference. Does anyone have experience of this that can say if it's worth the extra money?

I honestly wouldn't think so. People on here have worked above zero at times, I once did a day without realizing my water had jumped up to 14ppm.
Whent back next day to check, everything I looked at was fine and no marks

@doug atkinson sells a resin that gets it down to ppb and claims the big multi nationals are using this rather than hot water as it gives a better finish.
I was interested as most of my work is 3 monthly but would have to reconfigure our system for it to work.
The only thing that worries me is the only work I have seen the big companies do is way below our standards so how this helps them is beyond me

Latest Posts

Back