Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure wash or hypo for these?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ok get the advice and will watch the videos.  Just to confirm.  My regular maintenance work includes cleaning the below surfaces (photos) -  rendered white walls, block paving and bigger ones are paving slabs.  I take it pressure washing and hypo (with care to surrounding plants ) is fine on all these surfaces? Except rendered walls.  I took paint not render off with pressure washer but I guess just repaint. 

These are my regular work so need to know. Any other surface will research. The block paving was pressure washed ages ago and is filled with mud so no sand would get in anyhow mostly 

1520857476064268267159.jpg

152085751395915248884.jpg

1520857582654399438824.jpg

15208576224112047396413.jpg

this is a wind up surely?-if its not then i'm sorry slippy you should not be doing any of this kinda work as it comes across that you have absolutely no idea on what you are doing, and that is dangerous to yourself and others,courses give you some knowledge but not it all and in the wrong hands this "knowledge" can be even more dangerous to others I see them most days on facebook-theyv'e done a course and suddenly they are experts on everything

you have to do your own research as it has been said before,this way you gain a better understanding-its all there on the tinternet to read
I meant if in doubt 'don't' spray not do spray.  Is that what u thought I was winding u up about?  I am not trying to wind anyone up.  I am clueless about all this liability stuff.  This is the block paving with mud in it.   I pressure washed it 6 months ago but didn't put sand in afterwards.  All the residents of flat seemed happy. But am worried about all this.  I am working for a property management company not some old clueless old dear.  I have sent invoices off with pressure washing driveway listed as one of jobs I think.   Even when I didn't do that just copied list of jobs from previous month and pasted in but that could go against me. Some of stones are a touch higher than others as well looking at stones in photo for driveway 

15208615839711409062918.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was using hypo or biocide next to grass then all I would do is buy a couple of sheets of 6mm plywood. Cut them up the middle and lay them down to cover the grass and just move them along as I go.

Any idea what these are and if hypo or pressure washing is dangerous? Top 3 are in back garden.  I asked customer (old dear) to find out for me

DSC_0317.JPG

DSC_0315.JPG

DSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0308.JPG

you should be finding out more slippy,not the old dear,i've said it a few days earlier and it seems its not sinking in,you need to research all about this,i may come over as being an aggressive old tw"t but i'm trying to make you see sense,many others have seen this post and could have posted but have chosen not to I think they see you as a lost cause because you won't help yourself in learning.

if this helps it looks like indian sandstone and it can achieve really good results when cleaned,heres an example from today,their nothing special as that result should be expected if done properly

by the way re the previous post I was lost when you said about sealing monoblock paving with a bathroom silicone sealant

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

Slippy, please don’t take offence but you are heading for a serIous problem, it becomes obvious in your posts that you are clueless when it comes to hard surface cleaning. I would go so far as to say that you seem to be trying to be a master of all trades and judging by your posts you are failing miserably.

When playing around with chemicals you really need to know what you are doing, if you mix the wrong thing with Hypo you can cause and extremely noxious substance, similar to the WW1 mustard gas.

You imagine one of your so called ‘old dears’ coming into contact with that and see where you end up.

At best your going to kill their grass and flower beds, at worst your going to seriously injure yourself or others.

I too was amazed that you thought you should use bathroom sealant between the joints of block paving, surely if you don’t know how to do that then softwashing or pressure washing is not for you.

Stick to what you know mate would be my advice, before you do something really dumb.

I am as wise as you slippy when it comes to this stuff. I can see the appeal of you wanting to do it, when I see those pics that Kevin has posted they look amazing, but the closest I will ever get to doing anything with those stones/slabs/blocks is browsing the isles of B&Q looking for something with instructions aimed at the consumer or maybe a bit of pressure washing.  A job does not require a chemical, a job requires knowledge. So if I want a job doing like what Kevin has done, given that it is not the chemical that has done it, but the knowledge, I am phoning Kevin and he can do it.

you should be finding out more slippy,not the old dear,i've said it a few days earlier and it seems its not sinking in,you need to research all about this,i may come over as being an aggressive old tw"t but i'm trying to make you see sense,many others have seen this post and could have posted but have chosen not to I think they see you as a lost cause because you won't help yourself in learning.

if this helps it looks like indian sandstone and it can achieve really good results when cleaned,heres an example from today,their nothing special as that result should be expected if done properly

by the way re the previous post I was lost when you said about sealing monoblock paving with a bathroom silicone sealant

View attachment 13109

View attachment 13110
Kevin, think I just assumed it was more simple than it really is.  I had the idea that anyone could just grab a pressure washer and off they go.  In fact the guy in the block of flats where the original  photos are from asked me to just pressure wash the lot even walls. He's more clueless than me.   Never occurred to me to fill those block paving with sand and sealant.   The sealant question lol I asked was more a delving question.  I say something which I assume is probably wrong to force you to  explain how it's really done. My way of getting people to explain things clearly. 

Regarding the block paving in this photo at the block of flats. It was pressure washed 6 months ago.  The gaps have mud in.  What best to do with them now? Pressure wash fill with sand then seal?  The driveway is in constant use so sealing would mean it needs to be left undriven so maybe not possible 

Benz site seems to have videos on walls and roofs not patios and there's no head office number for advice.  Watched YouTube for sealing

DSC_0303.JPG

Back