Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Washing hypo off walls

WCF

Help Support WCF:

LiamChecks

Hi all,

Best method to wash hypo off walls? I need a good method now as using a hose never gets far up the wall and is taking hours… I don’t use a pressure washer so that’s not an option, water would need to be fed from outdoor tap. Any lances etc you’d recommend? WFP is way too time consuming.

Thanks,
Liam

Hi all,

Best method to wash hypo off walls? I need a good method now as using a hose never gets far up the wall and is taking hours… I don’t use a pressure washer so that’s not an option, water would need to be fed from outdoor tap. Any lances etc you’d recommend? WFP is way too time consuming.

Thanks,
Liam
If you are prepared to spend the cash get a roll tech softwash pump and a barrel they work well

Hi all,

Thanks,
Liam
Pull first section off, push garden hose through the pole screw the quick lock back on, clip hose gun on and lock trigger back & turn on the tap you now have a 20ft lance ??

Pull first section off, push garden hose through the pole screw the quick lock back on, clip hose gun on and lock trigger back & turn on the tap you now have a 20ft lance ??
Good idea... I've seen most people use pressure washers on low pressure to do this but your idea seems like a budget friendly option.

If hypo is left on the surface and not rinced off, can there be any issues at all?

Good idea... I've seen most people use pressure washers on low pressure to do this but your idea seems like a budget friendly option.

If hypo is left on the surface and not rinced off, can there be any issues at all?
Sometimes you will see white salt marks after a week or so but not always we usually rinse render but if pebble dash dont bother .

Yeah it will get you out of trouble, bit Wallace n Gromit but does the job if your stuck, depends light coloured painted render might look a little dusty darker colour paints you wanna be rinsing it right off cos you’ll get call backs when it’s dried ? don’t do no harm will fade after a few rainy days, just be careful with hypo cos it don’t agree with plants & will kill the neighbours koi carp if you ain’t careful etc

Back