Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sealing pressure washing lance threads

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Samd223

Hi, does anyone know the best sealant to use for sealing the threads on my new lance for my pressure washer? Someone has recommended Loxeal, but it's quite expensive. What do other people use? Is PTFE tape effective?

Many thanks, Sam

Try it out the standard .tape and see. Last time I had screw fittings I didn't need any tape. I just have quick release fittings now. You could always upgrade your fittings to quick release.

Thanks both! I had to order a new lance and trigger gun. I do have quick QC connectors but I need to screw these onto the lance and the inlet of the trigger gun so I need to seal them with something.

Thanks guys, I ended up using Flomasta PTFE liquid thread sealant. I got it from Screwfix. It's a blue liquid. I spread it on the threads and tightened using an adjustable spanner. Seemed to have worked.

Thanks guys, I ended up using Flomasta PTFE liquid thread sealant. I got it from Screwfix. It's a blue liquid. I spread it on the threads and tightened using an adjustable spanner. Seemed to have worked.

Loctite 243 Medium Strength Oil Tolerant Threadlocker 50ml​

Probably the same stuff, the Red one is the stronger one and dearer.

Latest Posts

Back