Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Truck / lorry pressure washing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jason2020

Afternoon guys!

Does anyone here clean lorries / trucks / vans for large firms?

I live right next to one of the UKs biggest industrial estates, I can’t find too much info on it so far

Looks fairly standard

Pressure washer
Snow foam
Rinse

Id love to pick someone’s brains if anyone does do this

Thank you! :)

A company up here goes to a lorry depo and cleans a load of lorries every Friday from 6pm onwards. Its a long night but I guess it pays well because they don't finish till early morning.

I have a mate who does lorry cleans. He has quite a setup - big transit chassis cab with huge box on back like a luton, with 3 phase geny linked to pressure washer electric pump. He is about to take delivery of a new one that he has had an engine driven genny fitted as he can no longer use Red Diesel!
He has a 'regular' round where he cleans chassis as they have to be clean for their regular mot's plus exterior clean and some trailers.
No idea how he won the work but he is kept very busy. He is a workaholic though! It is a very messy job though as he does some of the bin lorries!!!

I have a mate who does lorry cleans. He has quite a setup - big transit chassis cab with huge box on back like a luton, with 3 phase geny linked to pressure washer electric pump. He is about to take delivery of a new one that he has had an engine driven genny fitted as he can no longer use Red Diesel!
He has a 'regular' round where he cleans chassis as they have to be clean for their regular mot's plus exterior clean and some trailers.
No idea how he won the work but he is kept very busy. He is a workaholic though! It is a very messy job though as he does some of the bin lorries!!!
I doubt you can just use chemicals and blast all the cr@p down the drains nowadays. How does he manage the waste water, oil, mud etc.

There’s a drive through lorry wash in tilbury docks always a queue of lorries lined up just couple of pups on the guns but it does look like it needs a bit of investment to set one up getting the right yard & installing drainage etc,

I used to work for a large haulage company. They had guy whose job was to pressure wash the trucks. I know other firms who made it the drivers responsibility to clean the trucks once they got back to yard.

Back