Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price guides on tiled/slate roof cleaning

• Thread starter Deleted member 84
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 84

Me and a fellow local windie have been speaking about teaming up and buying all the equipment to scrape moss of roofs then biocide treatment finished by gutters cleared fascia soffits and windows cleaned with both of us doing the labour we have been mates 20 years and do the odd bit of commercial work together so no problem on the side if things.

Nobody around our area offers such a service has the roof scrapping plus treatment.

I know prices differ around the country but I also know there's alot of northern folk on here.

I've attached a picture what sort of prices would you all charge to scrape moss and biocide treatment on the roof of the house and the garage.

Thank you

20220104_150813.jpg

Down my area devon that pic would be £1200 to £1500 roof clean & bio but a few would go cheeper £800 ish ive hurd one guy charging £300 lol 

I did one of similar-ish size last spring. I’d say the one I did was probably slightly wider, and it was medium (so not light, not heavy) mossed. But it didn’t have dormer roofs, so overall maybe a similar size. I charged £1450 including their window clean afterwards which is £40. I thought I was putting in a great price (for me) but it was hard work off a scaffold tower. They always take a little longer than you think, tidying up, fatigue etc etc.
Just remember to take everything up with you up the tower, instead of going up & down more times than Abi Titmuss’ knickers ?

If I was quoting your pictured job now… hard to say, I can’t see it close enough to say how mossy it is?? But if it was average/medium amount I would say circa £1500.
But for you, as you’re starting out on them, just put in a price that you make ‘something’ from it, but more importantly wins you the job to get the experience. First 2 or 3 I didn’t really care about the money too much, I just wanted practice to see if I liked it or not. 

Latest Posts

Back