Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

price of water comparisons

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I thought it might have been your idea, I'm sure I saw it on here. Can't see it was the other forum, I'm not even a member on there. I think the idea was to pack some stockings with resin and pop them in the top of the downpipe. It would be an interesting experiment but I think you would be right.
But where's the benefit, you will still be using the same amount of resin just risking causing a bottleneck doing it that way. If you want pure then have a holding tank and a DI in between. Would need to be a serious downpour to fill a 1000l tank quicker than a DI could Polish. 

emoji50.png
whaaaat. Wow i feel lucky. That is awful. 2 hours at the end of every round just to get ready for the next day! I would honestly lose my sanity

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Not really, mine's a van system, it takes 5 minutes to plug everything in. I then do paperwork, texting customers etc. After that's done I'll walk the dog and when the tank is full it shuts off so I'll then unplug everything and move the van. Basically it takes me about 10 minutes of work spread out over 2 hours 

emoji50.png
whaaaat. Wow i feel lucky. That is awful. 2 hours at the end of every round just to get ready for the next day! I would honestly lose my sanity

2 hours to get 500 litre is excellent, would take me about 8 hours and many with smaller set ups could take 24 hours. yes I am envious of those with the softer water, reckon us hard'ans gotta build a pipeline and take what we need ?

Oh my, i think i’d rather TRAD than go through all that

Its not too bad when you get used to it. to produce 500 litre of pure only adds a few quid onto water bill, and look how much you can earn with that. Also you can have the system producing away and leave it to it. I dont have cut -off system but some do. I still leave mine filling up and can pop to pub or anything and i know when its gonna be full.

Takes 3 minutes to fill a 500L tank.  Get your set up right and leave your IBC to fill and transfer when needed. 
What transfer pump do you have Darren?

3 minutes is very impressive. Mine although stated as a 10,000 Lph, has always taken 9&half mins to fill my 500l tank from empty to full.

The spotless water one I used took pretty much exactly 4 minutes for 400ls when I went there a few months ago. 

emoji50.png

It's not that bad. I have a 650l tank. From empty to full takes me about 4.5-5 hours. After work I simply hook up the hoses and start filling. Less than 5 mins. Leave it to fill as mine has auto shut off. Hell, you could set it away at 12am if you want and let it fill overnight. Hardly 'awful'. It's not like you have to stand there watching it fill right?

For anyone interested in rainwater harvesting I have been told by a friend down Southampton way (he's way more invested in numbers and stats than I am)  that the total amount of rainwater you could harvest from a 3 bed semi is 88'000 litres per year.  

That would cover about a quarter of our usage so definitely worth some further consideration. 
I am in the process of setting up a rain water harvesting system for next year if anyone is interested i will post pictures of the progress,im looking at around 5000l storage off a farm barn.

Latest Posts

Back