Prices up at the start of next year

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by dasslr1, Aug 26, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

going to put prices up at the start of the year ,but that got me thinking do some on here give out letters saying in a few months prices will change or do some of you just mention it a month before hand and see what happens ? is there a letter i can download on here? or to view? ty

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I think it's best to tell each individual customer of any price increase face to face.

3. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I just told mine the visit before. 99% remembered no issue. 1% will need to be reminded until in sinks in,...about when the next increase is due. :rolleyes:

4. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Always tell them face to face that it will be going up next time. Just remember, you must be prepared to lose one or two, as it no good backing down. Usually most people are OK, as long as it is a reasonable increase and not too long since the last one. I usually put mine up in April to coincide with my financial year.

5. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

Did anyone put their prices up at the beginning of this year and also planning to do it again next year

6. cheapncheerful

er..i more sneaky....if they ask how much.? up it goes..

when they are due a price increase i stop putting the price on the note for a few cleans before...

its easier to move from some amounts than others....i have got stuck on a tenner on some...so i may have to just say...its going up...:thumbsup:

sometimes...i will drop doing some windows when i am due an increase...if they notice ...i will say....they were not noticed in my original price....which...sometimes..they arent..

7. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Pricing is something that should be dealt with almost everyday or at least look at once a week, and put into practice every month, as profit margins differ month by month.

Take a business with £24K turnover, and increase that to £34K, that’s a 42% increase; over two years a 21% increase. Not likely to be profitable or even possible by approaching it just once or twice a year, even if you went for half that amount, 10%

Inflation is another 3% per year. £24k requires another increase of £720 or £60 per month, and more for the second year (£34k, £1020 or £85 per month). Allow a percentage for direct and indirect costs, working more hours and using more resources getting to the £34k.

Window cleaners who understand more about pricing will always earn more than the ones who understand less – who’s to say you can’t put your prices up with every new customer?
    :)

8. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

if i put them up in january itll have been 2 years since they were last increased . so deffo needs doing .was thinking about hanging on till april but we ll see.pretty much all my customers are good payers and say im a good wc ,but i expect to lose 1 or 2 but with the increase youll be earning more money for less work .

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Since the recession hit in '08, I've been all over the place with increases, I put some up last October, But, as I've said earlier, I shall get to grips this April and probably put most up.

10. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I fully agree with what you are saying, but sometimes the customers don't see it like that.

Advertisement