Pricing Up A Job

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by spmonkay, Nov 4, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. spmonkay

spmonkay Active Member

I have a block of 3 story flats to quote for. It's for a maintenance company so i consider this commercial! How would you price this? If charged roughly £1 a window on domestic should I double it? I could end up doing a lot of flats but I'm worried about pricing it too low!!

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

All depends on how many windows and how long it will take you, travel time etc. Oh and how often you clean them

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I recently quoted for a development managed by these companies.. 3 stories apartments and townhouses.. It took me about 2hours to quote, and priced it as I normally do. And was working out nearly 8k a year.. I rang and gave my quote and they replied what's the best you can do it for... These companies will be putting money on top of your quote for their own profit..

4. laddergarder

Personally I wouldn't do subcontract work for companies like these. I didn't start my own business, to then make money for someone else. Allot of these so called national cleaning companies, sub out the work to local window cleaners and just give them a tshirt to wear. If window cleaners stopped working with these people, local window cleaners would get more work, dealing with the customer directly.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I totally agree...

6. spmonkay

spmonkay Active Member

But it's paid work I can't afford to turn down!!

7. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I'd like to get in with one of thes comPanies.. Contract work cleaning full developments with lots of properties. Possibly get even more work from them.. Good luck pal

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

thats true, as long as you get the money that you want it dont matter where is comes from, if i was you i would still go for it and quote!

9. spmonkay

spmonkay Active Member

If I went on the assumption that each block had 30 normal sized windows what do you reckon? Say it was about 20 min drive away?

10. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I would say about £50-£60 per block i would say. doing them water fed pole.

Advertisement