Pricing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Beano, Dec 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Beano

Beano Member

Just testing my pricing out to see if I'm selling my self short what would you guys charge for a 3 bed semi with 10 windows 3 skylights and a patio door.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Depends how big the 10 windows are. Are they 2 panes of glass, 4, 6 etc.

3. Beano

Beano Member

2 pains of glass

4. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Price what it is worth to you.

Trust your own work and charge accordingly to your standards, do you have a hourly rate/target you work to? If so work out how long its going to take a hit them with it.

I go with a hefty initial clean price to avoid the one off types then price on 4 or 8 weekly maintenence cleans works well for me.

5. Beano

Beano Member

I do exactly the same, price the initial clean higher and then a maintenance clean on 4 or 8 weekly. I quoted this job at £30 for initial clean and then £15 on a regular basis

6. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

The thing I've found with pricing the hard way is it needs to be what you would want per hour or how long/effort it's going to take. It also depends on the area your in, for that type of house up here it would be £10 per month. No one up here does any cleans longer than monthly as far as I'm aware, I recently had a new custie asking how often do I clean, told her it's usually each month but she wants 2 weekly so happy to oblige.

Just have confidence in your price, that's what pays your bills at the end of the day

7. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

Your price sounds about right. Most cleans where I work are six weekly and quite a few customers want them done less frequently.

8. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I work on the basis of £30 an hour. So if I knew it would take me 20 mins, it would be a tenner, half hour £15 etc etc

9. TolishAPurd

I would charge about the same, but I would leave the skylights out and charge on an as and when basis (ie, only if they are about to let me in and it is quick and convenient), saves a lot of hassle. By charging extra for the skylights, say £2 each, it saves them wanting them done all the time as they can slow you down a lot.

Advertisement