Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pump not drawing water, its not far above tank tap.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It's 100% air in the system what's on the end of that clear hose? Take it off leaving just the hose no attachment turn the pump on full on the controller and keep sucking and it will work then put the connector back on the hose. 
the clear hose goes to a hoselock connector then onto the reel. I have done that often though, I put another attachment on  and sucked till nearly passing out. Its not the best hose for it really.

You need a none-return valve just after the tank outlet, this will cure your air ingress issues.
emoji106.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yes, deffo on the list, have heard they can prevent probs

On your pump you should see a manufacturing date. If it’s more than 3 years old I would advise getting a new pump instead of trying to sort it out. If you saw my post about resin beads this is main cause of pumps being damaged. Bit hard to explain but if the resin beads have damaged the diagram then it’s goosed.
yeh its not that, the pump is august 2017

Latest was, today, filled up the tank, and it worked (for a while) Strange as it was not below the tap in the tank yesterday so maybe their more reliable with fuller tank. Anyway, worked for this one property, then next one , not, so back pack and forth as you do. Then later, thought Id try it again, and it worked, but very low output. I turned pump onto 3/4 which I never do usually, and still just a low output. No leaks anywhere or anything. I managed to do this property ok as was a clean maintenance job, but not great.

Tony the pumps I have worked on have had a strainer fitted. The resin in them is very fine.

You may not have had this type of resin but when you rub the beads they crumble hence why they have made it through to the diaphragm.

I had a call couple of weeks back from someone who was looking for the Flojet strainer as the mesh size is smaller as they were having problems with beads entering their pumps.
I think I have tried just about every resin brand available in the uk[emoji1].
More to the point- why on earth would you have DI vessels before a pump? The pump should always be before the vessels.

I think I have tried just about every resin brand available in the uk
emoji1.png
More to the point- why on earth would you have DI vessels before a pump? The pump should always be before the vessels.

The issue is the quality of beads. There is a worldwide shortage of the correct size mesh beads so the unknown resin manufacturers are using inferior grade size beads. Hence the problem a few are seeing.

They don't have DI before pump as their set up is pure into tank. They are then finding there is resin in their tank as well as these fine beads as pass through the bottom filter on the riser tube.

Heres what I mean.... Out of the tank I have the John Guest connection which goes straight into the pump. There is a shut off valve in between the pump and tank so I can service the pump while the tank is full of water. The Joh guest continues until just before the hose reel where I had to convert to normal hose. I did search alternatives for this but there are currently no hose reel connections that support speed fit.

View attachment 15131
Is it only those fairly thin ratchet straps holding your tank in @P4dstar?

the clear hose goes to a hoselock connector then onto the reel. I have done that often though, I put another attachment on  and sucked till nearly passing out. Its not the best hose for it really.

Yes, deffo on the list, have heard they can prevent probs

yeh its not that, the pump is august 2017
Take any connector you have on the hose off you carnt suck through a hozelock you need just the bare hose fill you tank up and turn the pump on to its highest setting and suck. Trust me it's air in the system. 

Back