Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump or controller

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Looks like a Wago 221 connector. They are generally used for mains voltage but they are good for 12v as well. I think they are rated at 32 Amps so should be completely fine for pump cabling. I'm not sure how good they are in humid conditions. So it could be that corrosion set in which could have increased the resistance thus reducing the voltage to pump and slowing it down. This also has the effect of increasing the current required to run the pump at a lower voltage, higher current in a high resistance connection = HEAT!!! So vicious cycle.

Might be worth using a more suitable connection like crimps (using a proper crimp tool and correctly sized crimp for cable). I think that's what comes on the controllers as standard?

Latest update got shurflo & still wasn't working realised it was because one of these had melted I don't know why?!!

So put on new connecter & fine so other pump ok.

What confused me is why is slowly started not working? U think it would of been straight away?

View attachment 25903
All wiring needs to ideally be secured and not allowed to move to reduce wear and tear. Also if you insulate all connectors that will prevent moisture from causing issues later on 

Thanks for the replies just helps for the future. I will insulate them to give extra protection. An electrician puts those on instead of crimps

Thanks for the replies just helps for the future. I will insulate them to give extra protection. An electrician puts those on instead of crimps
He probably just used what he had and didn't consider the environment. I think a lot of electricians moved to wago type connectors as they are quicker but they are used in dry homes!

Thanks for taking the time with your replies. I will double check all joints because it does seem like air is getting in as once has got back to normal it spits n spurts out water so something in the way or blocking, did check in line strainer seems fine
It happened to me last week, and on closer inspection I had a leak on the pump. One of the wing nuts had come loose. Problem solved by tightening nut ?

Latest Posts

Back