Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bwfc

I seem to have a strange problem with my pump, can't work it out all connections seem fine, it seems to power out really strong so.much I have turned it down from 35 to 20 then eventually I turn it down a little more as coming out strong then wen I'm working it drops to nothing then can get going again, pump does make a funny noise like its struggling but then can be fine again was driving me mad!!!

Sounds like it could be drawing air in somewhere. If you have an inline filter before the pump it could be partially blocked. If so the extra vacuum created by the pump not being able to draw enough water through the filter could be finding a weakness in any connection between the filter and the pump and sucking air in. This will be especially likely if they are of the Hozelock type. They are designed to work best under positive pressure not negative pressure as they are subjected to before the pump. And any air in the pump would make it sound abnormal.

I seem to have a strange problem with my pump, can't work it out all connections seem fine, it seems to power out really strong so.much I have turned it down from 35 to 20 then eventually I turn it down a little more as coming out strong then wen I'm working it drops to nothing then can get going again, pump does make a funny noise like its struggling but then can be fine again was driving me mad!!!
Most pump related issues are based around connections & air being sucked into your pump

Never use hoselock connectors on pumps as they don't create an air tight seal and the rubber O rings on the male fittings perish

All start to fault find in this order

1, check your tank fittings and ensure there is no debris or plastic shavings fouling the outlet

2, check your tank outlet hose to pump prefilter isn't kinked or loose (always use barb fittings)

3, check your pump connections are tight and not kinked

4, check your pump outlet to hose reel connections and be sure the hose isn't loose or kinked

5, unreel your hose reel to ensure your hose isn't twisted, kinked or has any leaks

6, recalibrate your controller

Thank you for the replies. I'm guessing it's the hozelock which connects to side of hose reel as it does seem to leak from time to time then I tightness it as much as possible. Will get a new one as they last a year or two before they start getting a small gap between brass hozelock & plastic one, hope that sorts it out as it can drive u to real anger 😠

Thank you for the replies. I'm guessing it's the hozelock which connects to side of hose reel as it does seem to leak from time to time then I tightness it as much as possible. Will get a new one as they last a year or two before they start getting a small gap between brass hozelock & plastic one, hope that sorts it out as it can drive u to real anger 😠
Are you not using a high quality brass Swivel on the hose reel ? Using a standard hoselock connector onto a standard fitting found on a claber reel for example will leak and can draw in air as they are only designed that way for domestic home use

The constant winding and unwinding of the reel throughout the day causes friction and dramatically wears down hoselock connectors

Double check all your connections as I'm sure there's a greater issue

This is not the hozelock one I was using but an alternative I thought I wud try last night but was rubbish.

As a rule of thumb and something that's classed as standard practice within the trade, any hose reel or part that freely rotates when the main body of the reel moves we use a brass Swivel fitting that is designed for constant rotational movement and is air and water tight.

Hose fittings regardless of brand or price repeatedly fail

Hose reel Swivels are machined brass with O rings and are available in ½" & ¾" bsp fittings

To add to that, I've started using grease to lubricate the brass fixings on my hose reel, as they wear out for a pastime. :ROFLMAO:

Could it be the pressure switch

As a rule of thumb and something that's classed as standard practice within the trade, any hose reel or part that freely rotates when the main body of the reel moves we use a brass Swivel fitting that is designed for constant rotational movement and is air and water tight.

Hose fittings regardless of brand or price repeatedly fail

Hose reel Swivels are machined brass with O rings and are available in ½" & ¾" bsp fittings

Yeah I found they would leak to

Latest Posts

Back