Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Freedom ReelMaster

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Stratf01

Can anyone please confirm that the Pure Freedom ReelMaster reel can have the direction of reel reversed so the hose is coming off the bottom of the reel rather than the top?
If so is it simply a case of reversing the polarity of the connections on battery?

Here's the reel in question:

Thanks a million in advance

Can anyone please confirm that the Pure Freedom ReelMaster reel can have the direction of reel reversed so the hose is coming off the bottom of the reel rather than the top?
If so is it simply a case of reversing the polarity of the connections on battery?

Here's the reel in question:

Thanks a million in advance
The hose guide is built so the hose spools inline with the top of the reel. If you have it spooling in reverse and anti clockwise the hose will wear due to the angle of attack over the guide and downwards

The hose guide is built so the hose spools inline with the top of the reel. If you have it spooling in reverse and anti clockwise the hose will wear due to the angle of attack over the guide and downwards
Thanks mate
Yes I noticed the guide there but would be removing that. I'm hoping to fabricate a guide as close to bottom as I can.

Thanks mate
Yes I noticed the guide there but would be removing that. I'm hoping to fabricate a guide as close to bottom as I can.
I'm certain it's build that way so the motor is able to deliver it's optimum torque. It's not like the power up reel that Ashley mackintosh had and an easy polarity switch. This reel has a microprocessor controller and brake and not to mention the polarity of the seven segment led display

There are quite a few posts on here which feature the reel

I'm certain it's build that way so the motor is able to deliver it's optimum torque. It's not like the power up reel that Ashley mackintosh had and an easy polarity switch. This reel has a microprocessor controller and brake and not to mention the polarity of the seven segment led display

There are quite a few posts on here which feature the reel
Thanks mate.
A bit disappointing if that's the case.

Thanks mate.
A bit disappointing if that's the case.
I may just have to have a roller guide positioned further forward from reel and low.
There must be some doing something similar to keep that hose as low as possible or having hose through floor of vehicle. 🤔

You can't reverse the connections to the battery as you will damage the controller ( it might have reverse polarity protection but don't risk it).
My controller isn't mounted on the reel so has a longer cable so it might be different to yours but mine has 4 yellow bullet connectors, 2 for battery power and the other 2 are to the motor. I would guess reversing the 2 connections to the motor might work but I would ask @Ian Sheppard as it could be that the motors chassis is connected to the batter -ve.

I may just have to have a roller guide positioned further forward from reel and low.
There must be some doing something similar to keep that hose as low as possible or having hose through floor of vehicle. 🤔
Bear in mind that you need to distribute the hose across the reel when winding in with your hand. I do have through floor rollers and did consider having them below the reel until I was informed I needed to distribute the hose across the full width of the reel when reeling in and that wouldn't be possible if the hose went directly through the floor under the reel.

Bear in mind that you need to distribute the hose across the reel when winding in with your hand. I do have through floor rollers and did consider having them below the reel until I was informed I needed to distribute the hose across the full width of the reel when reeling in and that wouldn't be possible if the hose went directly through the floor under the reel.
If you're running 6mm you shouldn't need much guiding to fit 100m on. We run 8mm and need to guide it, but get the 100m on fairly easily

After reading the comments I think I may now have realised mine is set up wrong my roller is wet to touch the side of the reel so I'm guessing this will almost be like a turbo charger in terms of reeling in hence why I'm getting the hose lopping and knotting up would I be best moving the bar outwards so it's not completing touch the sides

After reading the comments I think I may now have realised mine is set up wrong my roller is wet to touch the side of the reel so I'm guessing this will almost be like a turbo charger in terms of reeling in hence why I'm getting the hose lopping and knotting up would I be best moving the bar outwards so it's not completing touch the sides
Might be worth adding a picy as I can't quite work out how your is set up. The hose should go under the roller - between the drum and the roller not over the top of the roller? I think the roller if it's at the top is to stop the hose being able to slip off the reel - left and right.

Might be worth adding a picy as I can't quite work out how your is set up. The hose should go under the roller - between the drum and the roller not over the top of the roller? I think the roller if it's at the top is to stop the hose being able to slip off the reel - left and right.

The picture below both reels have 100 m of 6 mm microbore and approximately 25-30 m of pole hose

Attachments

• IMG_3740.jpeg
    IMG_3740.jpeg
    886.7 KB · Views: 0
Please dint reverse the cables to the battery This is a DC controller and DC motor being direct current they are polarity sensitive. This means Current can only pass one way through the electrical circuits Red cable to Positive and Black cable to negative on the battery reversing the cables will damage the controller and motor

Please dint reverse the cables to the battery This is a DC controller and DC motor being direct current they are polarity sensitive. This means Current can only pass one way through the electrical circuits Red cable to Positive and Black cable to negative on the battery reversing the cables will damage the controller and motor
I thought the same Ian

Back