Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Water in Norfolk

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DavidJames

Evening all,

I’m just starting out with WFP and window cleaning which I can fit around being a stay at home Dad at the same time.  Biggest obstacle i have come across so far is water production.  I am wondering if there are any other people on here that can suggest places to buy pure water please?

I understand that making water with RO is a possibility, but being on a water meter and having limited funds to start up I would honesty prefer to get out and earning before going down the RO route and all the costs and setup that goes with it.  So hence my question.  Spotless water are supposed to be opening near me, but they can’t confirm when and have been saying soon for at least 6months or more now...

I’m based in West Norfolk, so if anyone knows of anywhere to purchase water that would be very helpful indeed.

Many thanks,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Spotless water kept saying the same to me in my area m8 8 months later nothing. You could go down the di vessel with resin route depending what tds reading your tap water is. This is what I do now my tap water is 107ppm and I'm using a 25litre and a 5 litre vessel bringing my water out at 000ppm. 

Spotless water kept saying the same to me in my area m8 8 months later nothing. You could go down the di vessel with resin route depending what tds reading your tap water is. This is what I do now my tap water is 107ppm and I'm using a 25litre and a 5 litre vessel bringing my water out at 000ppm. 
Norfolk is usually 400+, I think spotless have a sight in Bury St Edmunds 

Thanks, but I think Resin would be cost prohibitive when considering the TDS reading is well over 300ppm.  Although we are moving so maybe it could be slightly lower but i’m thinking probably not enough to make a real difference,

No Spotless open anywhere in East Anglia yet and no word as to when they will open either.

It’s pretty darn frustrating I must say, as I figured there would be somewhere else to buy the water from.  But I cant even start, if I need to make my own Pure via an RO system in my garage and on a water meter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a water meter shouldn’t stop you from getting a RO setup? Surely only cost couole pound for like 1000 liters

Hi Wind O Kleen,

Well I have been told the waste will be around 5:1 on the cheaper RO systems and more like 1:1 on the 4040 systems.  So I’d have average 4500 litres of waste on the cheaper system and at roughly £3.50 per 1000 litres thats roughly £20 for the waste and the 1000litres made.

I understand that seems like pennies, but bolt it in with the cost of all the RO equipment and booster pump (£300 booster, £300 cheaper RO system, £200 ibc plus some connections and a shutoff i’m very nearly at £1000), then not knowing how much business i’ll get and how quickly, I figured buying the water may be a better idea to start with.  Hence spotless water costing £40 for 1000litres, yes is more, but no big upfront cost whilst starting up is a big plus to me.

Hence I wondered if there was somewhere else to buy some pure water around me.  Just for starting up purposes really...

Hi Wind O Kleen,

Well I have been told the waste will be around 5:1 on the cheaper RO systems and more like 1:1 on the 4040 systems.  So I’d have average 4500 litres of waste on the cheaper system and at roughly £3.50 per 1000 litres thats roughly £20 for the waste and the 1000litres made.

I understand that seems like pennies, but bolt it in with the cost of all the RO equipment and booster pump (£300 booster, £300 cheaper RO system, £200 ibc plus some connections and a shutoff i’m very nearly at £1000), then not knowing how much business i’ll get and how quickly, I figured buying the water may be a better idea to start with.  Hence spotless water costing £40 for 1000litres, yes is more, but no big upfront cost whilst starting up is a big plus to me.

Hence I wondered if there was somewhere else to buy some pure water around me.  Just for starting up purposes really...
Agree with everything you have said,

You cant run a business relying on anybody else,

My local spotless water seems to be offline every couple weeks , I’ve had about 3 emails within last month from them,  shop around gumtree / eBay you’ll be surprised how much you can actually buy the stuff for ,you don’t need brand new stuff , longs it’s working , 

Keep checking this page out on facebook buddy theres always stuff for sale or put a post on what your looking for and you may find something !!

Screenshot_20190912-112245_Facebook.jpg

Agree with everything you have said,

You “cant run a business relying on anybody else,”

My local spotless water seems to be offline every couple weeks , I’ve had about 3 emails within last month from them,  shop around gumtree / eBay you’ll be surprised how much you can actually buy the stuff for ,you don’t need brand new stuff , longs it’s working , 

Couldn’t agree with you more on that front too Wind O Kleen.

It’s literally just to get me started really.  The only thing that puts me off second hand is I don’t really know what it is I am looking at if you know what I mean...  But then again, brand new is too much money, so i’ll just have to keep looking and then posting and asking for advice when I find something that seems like it would suit second hand.

Keep checking this page out on facebook buddy theres always stuff for sale or put a post on what your looking for and you may find something !!

View attachment 17634

Thanks JonnyAVFC, I’ll have to have a look at that page! ?

Just an update, so far I have found:

• Blue Sea Aquatics in Watton charge 10p a litre
  • Maidenhead Aquatics in Kings Lynn charge 15p a litre

Not great, but at least I have found something.

Anyone got a link to the Facebook Group mentioned above as I am not finding it with a Facebook search?

Cheers,

Dave

Latest Posts

Back