Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO bit of help requiree from the old and wise

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Spudly

Hello,

Well it seems that filling up using RO is taking quite some time today. My first 8 custys tommorow.

Currently filling in the bath a poor setup however when the plumber comes next week to fit an outside tap will make life ALOT easier.

My question is this. When filling up my tank overnight willl take a good 4/5 hours.

Does anybody leave their RO unit outside? Its getting cold nowdays and dont want it freezing and cracking.

My thought was to put it all in a garden box outdoor type and lay it with insulation to keep it all from freezing. Would that work?

Dont have a garage or shed to put it in all not a very ideal setup in this house...

Opinions?..

Spud

Build a wooden box or get a plastic storage unit and mount it on the wall next to the tap

Insulate with the stuff you use between plasterboard walls for insulation

If you need to buy a small tube heater for the very cold nights

Don't let it freeze up

Or fit it under the kitchen sink as you can get a fitting that you clamp round the cold water pipe which cuts itself in and seals itself as you tighten it so don't even need to turn the water off

Drill a hole to outside to your ibc or butts whatever you store it in and feed the ro/di out tube through

Attach waste tube to waste pipe of sink

Job done and nice n warn

I got my RO last week. I'm renting at the moment so it had to be a semi-permanent solution. I got myself an outside plastic storage cupboard from Argos and insulated it like @daveyboy said. I'll get myself a little tube heater in the next week or so before the cold weather arrives. I've not got any photos of it all set up properly but I'll attach what I have go.

View attachment 8879

View attachment 8880

Thank you for the response gents.

Always helpful on here.

Will be getting myself an outdoor storage compartment asap. Many thanks.

Spudly

Back