Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Putting up prices

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I try to go in high so then I don't really need to increase my prices every year like some do.

I took over from my old boss 4 years ago and the prices were pretty low. I've put them up gradually but I think they should be higher. I think at least 50p-£1 every year until it gets too silly. Is that asking for too much

Best bet is when you quote new work try to get what you want for the job. Also bring the others inline to your new pricing structure as soon as possible. Most ppl will understand the price increase as if you do a good job will be happy to pay more. Jobs that you don't like doing for whatever reason I would hit them with the new price straight away.

When they have been paying the same price for a fair while it's a bit nerving whacking the prices up and risk losing custom. I'm in Surrey area and most people round here are a little tight with their money, hence why they have money.

I sneak em up....I have stopped putting the price on my cards anymore....if they ask how much time to go up.../emoticons/biggrin.png

some people put it up for me and some are as tight as a ducks rear end...

i stick a "new price >>>" square sticker label on my slips. these labels are fluorescent green

Depends on the customer for me, but usually "£1-£2 increase as of next visit" verbally or written normally each year.

And if they give me a (jokingly) funny remark, I say I wish my gas bill only went up approx a tenner a year.... and all the other bills come to think about it!

A tenner a year, moan moan big deal!!!

If its 2monthly, then def £2, again big deal!

Rounded all the 50ps up £1.50 a long time ago so dont need the 50s in the float.

To some, it really is the end of the world, but then they are the ones that never get the bloody kettle on do they?! lol

wots that all about eh
Hey boarcity,

Don't worry about ......

MikeL :thumbsdown:...

Mikel :thumbsup:...

Mikel L :thumbsup:...

Mike L :thumbsup:...

Michael :thumbsup:...

Michael L :thumbsup:...

Seems he has problems spelling his own name as to the use of capitals and spacing :rofl: :rofl:.

Back