Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pvc fascia gutter cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

done hundreds of these over the years (25) soffits,facias,gutters ,down pipes and frames and the best way imo is the solvent cleaner that comes in one litre tubes.really gets the bad stuff off and leaves the plastic with a nice sheen on it.tried the water fed pole jobby but doesnt get in the nooks and crannies. one guy had hes done with a competitor by the pole system whilst i did his neighbours my way,wow could you tell the diff!! ended up doin half the street..takes a bit longer but in the long run more profitable,recomendation goes a long way in this job.imo the pole jobby shud be left for window cleaning only.

Wfp will get into places you will never get your fingers , we clean hundreds of places every year , it does a far better job than doing it by hand I did it that way for 7 years then got the pole and wow what a difference, the problem lies with the person using the pole some are very good some are cowboys , a good poler will get better results than doing it by hand , solvent cleaner is good stuff and we use it for certain stuff but you won’t be doing 3,4 storeys with it off a ladder or high gable ends over garages etc also doing it wfp will take a fraction of the time and no risk to life and limb 

How to you clean the fascia and soffits on the gable end, do you extend the ladders to the roof line.

Drink plenty of red bull ?????

The benefit of wfp is that it does get into all the nooks and crannies.

I was a trad rat for 25 years before using wfp so do know the differences between methods and you won't get as good a job with rags as you will with the correct chemicals and wfp/hose.
yeah but when using the wfp system especially on white gutters and faciac and soffits it does not get right under the guttering or niether does it clean the brackets properly,of course im just going off what iv seen before,maybe it just wasnt done properly.

It depends what brush/chemicals your're using, some are a lot better than others.  A good brush will get the white brackets easily and all of the visible external gutter soffit. Virosol is my preferred choice of chemical, backed up with hot water.

My preferred choice is the Gardiners sill brush as the bristles are longer than the Gardiner Universal and gets out the awkward dirt/cob webs.

It depends what brush/chemicals your're using, some are a lot better than others.  A good brush will get the white brackets easily and all of the visible external gutter soffit. Virosol is my preferred choice of chemical, backed up with hot water.

My preferred choice is the Gardiners sill brush as the bristles are longer than the Gardiner Universal and gets out the awkward dirt/cob webs.
I use gardiners extreme brushes with no problem.

Although I do use hypo and softwash most fascias/gutters.

Have cleaned some spotless without even using a wfp.

Just a spray nozzle on a pole and the right chems.

Plus pressure washer on about 500psi with a lance to get in the gaps.

We all work differently but I do whole house washes etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah but when using the wfp system especially on white gutters and faciac and soffits it does not get right under the guttering or niether does it clean the brackets properly,of course im just going off what iv seen before,maybe it just wasnt done properly.

that’s the whole point it does go under the gutter and does the brackets better than you can do them by hand , it’s no good using short bristled brushes though , I see a lot of bodged cleaning done both by trad and wfp cleaners , but since doing this type of work with the pole we are doing a far superior clean to when we did it by hand 

Back